Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    UITWEAKER can do this, and tweaks2k2 has this ability also.

Thanks!
    Last edited by nezzy76; 11/08/2006 at 10:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nezzy76 View Post

Thanks!
    Looks nice. Did you know there is a clear version of the PhoneAlarm skin you use? Well the buttons are in a little different order but basically the same.

http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=2747.0

Greg
    Thanks!
    No problem! I would also recommend a black PA skin, although I have determined that I do not like that program (sorry Bruce)
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    yeah phonealarm is a pig on the wx...I can do without it, I prefer a faster device. the features of PA are really cool though!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    yeah phonealarm is a pig on the wx...I can do without it, I prefer a faster device. the features of PA are really cool though!
    The program is only 800kb.

Considering all it does, I consider that some extremely efficient programming.

Not running PA: 41.29mb Program Memory.

Running PA 40.92mb.

0.37mb of used Program Memory. And that's running the Full version.

Obviously your experiences are different and that's what matters to you in the end, but I think it's a little harsh to call it a pig when a lot of programs are much, much bigger.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    The only reason I dont like phonealarm is because it's not smart enough sometimes.

For example when a text message arrives. I can see the contents of it on the popup and I just press DISMISS (right softkey). If I dismissed I already know i got it but PhoneAlarm keeps reminding me.

Same thing with missed calls. when you dissmis your missed calls popup list, the little icon up there goes away but you have to ACTUALLY get into the freaking list so PA registers it.

Same thing with emails as well.

Very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    The only reason I dont like phonealarm is because it's not smart enough sometimes.

For example when a text message arrives. I can see the contents of it on the popup and I just press DISMISS (right softkey). If I dismissed I already know i got it but PhoneAlarm keeps reminding me.

Same thing with missed calls. when you dissmis your missed calls popup list, the little icon up there goes away but you have to ACTUALLY get into the freaking list so PA registers it.

Same thing with emails as well.

Very annoying.
    With the Full version, using 1-click mute (I have my configured for the Center Dpad, you can map it to anything though) you can have it not only silent the alarm but cancel it as well

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Go Big Orange!
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Indeed I do.

I swear by SmallMenu Plus ($7).

Compared to Wisbar Lite, GSPocketMagic, etc. it's the fastest and most configurable, imo.
    Darn you Mal! Just when I thought I had my 700wx perfect, you have to mention a app that will replace two big apps on my device (Wisbar Lite & iLauncher). I know you have recommended SmallMenu Plus in the past, but I never realized it had a taskmanager. Oh well, I have a three day weekend to play around with my phone.
    How's Wisbar Advance 2 compare to SmallMenu Plus and GSPocketMagic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    How's Wisbar Advance 2 compare to SmallMenu Plus and GSPocketMagic?
    I personally do not like WA2, but never tried the others. I installed WA2 for the vista theme that comes with it, disabled ALL of its features, and it still didn't feel right. I'm going to try that wm5newmenu, because it is keyboarfd compatible also.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Okay, I've moved away from a lot of apps due to extreme streamlining based on actual use and not "cool" factor. lol

The result is an extremely zippy and lean system. This also feels more Phone/Message center-like, which is how I use my device. (Though this is probably not for everyone!)

- WeatherPanel 240 Stealth
    - TodayAgenda
    - PhoneAlarm FULL with Bax's new "1Touch" skin
    - HideLogo 1.1

Got rid of Palm Messaging (just don't SMS that much), TrueToolbar (interferes with Bax's skin continuity) and a gazillion programs.

Sure the PA skin is "big" as opposed to the very cool "micro" skins out there but I really like the large visuals and it blends in so well with the basic WM5 theme (Imagine a straight up black one? OMG)

This gives me a nice, clear, sharp and to the point setup.

Hey Malatesta, What is "HideLogo 1.1"? I never heard of it. Thanks
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    Go Big Orange!

Sweeeett wallpaper
    it hides the carrier logo and gps/bluetooth icons on your today screen.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    it hides the carrier logo and gps/bluetooth icons on your today screen.
    I would like to check this out. Whats the url? Thanks
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcramos View Post
    Hey Malatesta, What is "HideLogo 1.1"? I never heard of it. Thanks

You can find it here http://www.ppcgeeks.com/remove-logo-released-t1066.html
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Looks nice. Did you know there is a clear version of the PhoneAlarm skin you use? Well the buttons are in a little different order but basically the same.

Greg
    I can't find it. I downloaded a zip but didn't know what to execute? When I download zip from my phones internet browser it asks me what program to open it?
    Last edited by nezzy76; 11/09/2006 at 03:51 PM.
    I can't find it. I downloaded a zip but didn't know what to execute? When I download zip from my phones internet browser it asks me what program to open it?
    It's called Jinks Clear:

http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=2061.0

Extract the zip file and copy the folder to your Program Files\phoneAlarm directory on your device (same place you have your current Jinks theme).

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post

Greg

OK, I really like the Joel_clear but I have no clue what to do with it. I'm thinking I have to overwrite the old pics with the new pics but don't know. Anybody up for a step by step. Sorry!
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    OK, I really like the Joel_clear but I have no clue what to do with it. I'm thinking I have to overwrite the old pics with the new pics but don't know. Anybody up for a step by step. Sorry!
    Download the file to your PC and unzip it. I created a folder called Joel_Clear Skin and put it there. Start ActiveSync to your Treo and copy all of the gif files in your PC folder to the Program Files/phoneAlarm/Joel folder. They go in there since they have a different name than the original Joel gifs. Copy the skn files in the PC folder to the Program Files/phoneAlarm folder. Then you should be able to select them as the skin within PhoneAlarm.

Hope that helps

Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files