Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    I haven't updated mine on here for a couple weeks so here it is with some of the new features such as the removal of the Carrier bar and also my own PhoneAlarm bar

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    The new release 9.20 is older than the 9.20 beta version for some reason.. it should 9.20 final version is created on 6/28/06.. Their site says last update: 10/28/06
    So I guess I didn't update, I backdated. Glad I have the old, er new, version still so I can go back to my updated old version. Now that's confusing.

Greg
    Here's what I've been looking at lately.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ugh. I'm trying to skin my today screen much like the ones posted, but am running into a lot of problems..

I've downloaded the WisBar and WisBar Desktop but am having a hell of a time copying themes to my device's Storage Card.

Seems like it errors out every time on the same file.. The error I get is that it says the device is either full, read only or that I don't have permission to copy the file type.

Any suggestions?
    You guys that don't have a program launcher on the Today screen, I have one question: How do you launch your favorite apps? I couldn't live with having to use the default Start Menu to launch apps. Even a hierarchy menu like WA2 or GSPocketMagic can be a pain.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    You guys that don't have a program launcher on the Today screen, I have one question: How do you launch your favorite apps? I couldn't live with having to use the default Start Menu to launch apps. Even a hierarchy menu like WA2 or GSPocketMagic can be a pain.
    I hate tapping the screen so I just put the most important apps in the Start menu, memorize them, and then it's just 2 button pushes.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    here is my latest and greatest:
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    I hate tapping the screen so I just put the most important apps in the Start menu, memorize them, and then it's just 2 button pushes.
    same here.
    and as a plus the today screen is cleaner/less cluttered. the only thing I really want on today is to know which accounts have email and when my next appoint is and speed dials for my three most called #s.

if I have an app that's only rarely used it's not the end of the world to get to it through the start/programs. I mean really, what are you losing, three-five seconds?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsimonds View Post
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

Looks like you need to check this post out to fix your rain% so it's not cut off.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=422

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I use SmallMenuPlus then created my own Folders, namely one called "Best" which is listed first.

I can then launch any app with 3 clicks and minimal scrolling (that's the big saver right there).

I am trying out Launcher again for the heck of it, but I find in general my SmallMenu method is faster and involves less scrolling.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    What's the difference between SmallMenu and SmallMenuPlus? I looked on the website but couldn't tell.

Greg

Here's a desc I gave on pph:

Keep in mind this is a 700wx, so space is limited.

As you can see compared to Michael's, the battery bar on the top cuts the year off. No big deal, I know what year it is most of the time

Then theres a new PA skin thats in the pocketmax forums. My fave so far.

Web search, google. Use it a lot, very convenient.

TodayAgenda. VERY customizable, I highly recommend for everyone. FREE

I like to leave the messaging plugins also, so I know what accounts I have new mail in.

IM+. Most know that one

The last bar is another free program called "launcher." Search and ye shall find.

I never really liked the black themes, but one day I tried one and it makes the screen look ten times brighter. Sometimes I go back to the "america" theme from Microsoft, available on their website included with their themes pack; another fave of mine.
    This is the "AMERICA" theme I spoke about:

No, I'm not really that patriotic, but it really looks nice on the phone. The flag appears to be 3 dimensional.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    What's the difference between SmallMenu and SmallMenuPlus? I looked on the website but couldn't tell.

Greg
    I've never used the non-plus version, but from what I understand:

1) plus version starts automatically after every reset and you can set a delay

2) you can customize the menu (select items to appear, locate items in the main menu as opposed to another folder, show close task icons, change the skin on the start button)

Either way, it's worth the $7 that I spent on it (in 2002, my code still works!)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo View Post
    My screen for now:
    WA2 with Vista Lite Skin: Modified Network icon to show Orange (instead of hard to see blue)
    Plain Black background for best visibility
    Resco Today plugin
    SBSH PocketWeather
    PocketRSS

I wish I could make that scrollbar Black or dark grey.
    . hi i was just wondering where u got ur theme at..?? and is it free or is there a program i need
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Latest stuff. I don't change too much, but I've got more screen real estate thanks to mavik::

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintrmte View Post
    Ugh. I'm trying to skin my today screen much like the ones posted, but am running into a lot of problems..

I've downloaded the WisBar and WisBar Desktop but am having a hell of a time copying themes to my device's Storage Card.

Seems like it errors out every time on the same file.. The error I get is that it says the device is either full, read only or that I don't have permission to copy the file type.

Any suggestions?
    Rule of thumb as anyone here can tell you... if it's on your Today screen then save on the main memory, not the SD card.

That's the only tip I can give you. I tried WA and WAD and they are definately not for me. I'm very happy without them too...

Quote Originally Posted by Obzoleet View Post
    . hi i was just wondering where u got ur theme at..?? and is it free or is there a program i need
    I already asked, I want that vista Start logo also...It's a theme for Wisbar Advance, that cannot be done to the default top-bar. Not for me either...