1.    #1  
    Hi,

Can i switch folders using the keyboard within pocket outlook? I cant figure out how to do that (without using the stylus)?

I have a bunch of folders from my exchange server within outlook.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Rich
    I have tried several methods to do this with no success. I use multiple accounts and am fairly retentive about cleaning up folders.

I have been relegated to occasional cleanup when I have time to sit down with the stylus. A shortcut key to open and close the folder list would really be all I need as the D-pad would allow me to move once opened.

I will continue to work with it and see if there is a way to get that with keypresses.
    I may be missing something but all I do is tap on the folder name with my finger tip and that opens the folder list then I can scroll down with the D pad. Is there some reason you can't tap on the screen with your fingertip?
  4.    #4  
    Im just trying to find a way to do it without using the stylus (since you can do just about everything else without it).
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It seems like Palm missed this one when they were optimizing the 700w for one handed use. It really wouldn't be hard to do, just add a a Switch Folders option to the Menu list right by the Switch Accounts. That is how MS Smartphones do it. Hopefully a ROM update can fix this along with the few other issues there are.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Yep. That is a simple thing that shouldn't require a stylus.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    It seems like Palm missed this one when they were optimizing the 700w for one handed use. It really wouldn't be hard to do, just add a a Switch Folders option to the Menu list right by the Switch Accounts. That is how MS Smartphones do it. Hopefully a ROM update can fix this along with the few other issues there are.
    The One-handed operation faults, I would not lay the blame at Palm's feet for two reasons. 1) Pocket Outlook is a 'Microsoft' app. 2) If MS really wants to try and get into the smartphone market they should have implemented one-handed operation from the get-go, instead of having 'Palm' patch it. Just my Opinion.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    You misunderstand. What I was saying wasn't laying blame anywhere (the Smartphone version of Microsofts WM OS has the feature, the PPC version doesnt), but saying that Palm overlook this area as they were fixing what MS left out of the PPC OS. I love the features they added, just saying they missed one area. It seems like with all the other one-handed features they added the would have added it to Messaging as well, but just missed it.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    LOL... from a Palm engineer: "we tried really hard to access the folder list but could not find a way to do it.... trust us we tried really hard."

Thats a quote from memory from one of their webinars.