1.    #1  
    I have Mot HS850 BT headset. I'm trying to do voice dialing using this headset. Is it possible? Or is there any other BT headset for Treo 700w that can do voice dialing?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    No, it doesn't work with VoiceCommand. You can't BT voicedial.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Is this a bug that we may see corrected at some point or are we stuck with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinj
    Is this a bug that we may see corrected at some point or are we stuck with this?
    3 things:
    1) MS Voice Command does not work via bluetooth. MS says the voice quality via bluetooth is too low for effective recognition, so they never enabled it.
    2) For Palm, voice dialing was not a priority, so they did not buy in alternative products that allowed this, such as Voice Command by Cyberon or Voice Signal.
    3) For products that made the opposite decision, e.g the 8125 Smartphone with voice command, people have enabled, via registry edits, to activate MS Voice Command instead of Cyberon Voice Command.

Finally then, unless you can get voice command or similar software installed on your device first, that works via the bluetooth headset, you will not be able to use MS Voice Command via bluetooth.

Read this very long thread for more insight into this long standing problem.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=23558
    Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    3 things:
    1) MS Voice Command does not work via bluetooth. MS says the voice quality via bluetooth is too low for effective recognition, so they never enabled it.
    2) For Palm, voice dialing was not a priority, so they did not buy in alternative products that allowed this, such as Voice Command by Cyberon or Voice Signal.
    3) For products that made the opposite decision, e.g the 8125 Smartphone with voice command, people have enabled, via registry edits, to activate MS Voice Command instead of Cyberon Voice Command.

Finally then, unless you can get voice command or similar software installed on your device first, that works via the bluetooth headset, you will not be able to use MS Voice Command via bluetooth.

Read this very long thread for more insight into this long standing problem.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=23558
    Surur
    There is a hardware issue with the 700w that prevents BT audio gateway from working.
    There are some bluetooth car hands free kits (I know the thread is about hand sets) that have the voice recognition built in (like the Parrot Easydrive). You beam the contact to the Easydrive (no problem with my 700W) and assign a name to the contact (easy process). For me it is a good solution until something better comes along. You can't read off a phone number like you can in voice command but I do have all my regular contacts stored on the Parrot. Another plus is it works of the lighter, no wiring needed so I can move it from car to car. They just had the Easydrive on sale at CompUsa for $79 (I already bought one for $99).

Neil