1.    #1  
    Just curious if anyone has tried this software out and what you thought about it. Seems cheap for 15.00 for everything you can do with it. And all the tv stations and radiostations you can view with it.

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=18304
    I haven't tried it but I will see if I get time to try it tonight. I have been looking for such a beast and for $15 if it sucks, well then I will know it.
    Don't waste your time. Tried it on a previous device...over half of the TV stations were foriegn language and good # of links for radio and TV didn't work. Out of all that was offered, I think I just watched the Bloomberg financial channel and listened to the MSNBC radio station for headlines. Save your $15.
    I agree. It is a good concept but you might do better by just creating your own favorites and playlists.

The problem I had is that when you exit PocketStreamer, WM10 is also exited. I wanted to free up Pocketstreamer's memory and continue listening to the media. The developer was wonderful and made a "special Treo 700w version" of the Pro version that can be exited without bringing down WM10. However, he doesn't make that special code generally available so he has to do it for every update. I have to ask him and hope he continues to do it.

The "deluxe" version doesn't have that problem but it costs more and the $12.95 cost to upgrade to it is not worth it for me. Therefore, I can't recommend it.
  5.    #5  
    Yea as I was reading more, I thought it seemed like a lot of foriegn channels, although the Bloomberg financial channel would be nice and the MSNBC radio station was cool. I guess CNBC isn't on there. Mad Money would be nice to watch...lol.

Guess I'll hold out for the moble version of the sling player.
    I purchased it (had the credit card burning a hole in my pocket) and it is not bad but as previously mentioned there are some great free resources. Most of the video sites are useless. Check out for some great radio streams here:

www.thestreamcenter.com/pda

Neil
    nice link, shrink!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    nice link, shrink!
    That site is my "at work" entertainment center Thank God for the unlimited data plan (although I read a few messages stating that Verizon forbids streaming).

Neil
    We won't tell if you won't tell, shrinky.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    Anyone know of a site where you can sort by player and music type ?
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    I purchased it (had the credit card burning a hole in my pocket) and it is not bad but as previously mentioned there are some great free resources. Most of the video sites are useless. Check out for some great radio streams here:

www.thestreamcenter.com/pda

Neil
    How do you get these to play? Whenever I tried to access it from my 600 I kept getting the message "Failed to pass data to exchange manager. (0x1511a)"
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    What is the best media streamer that you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by blile
    What is the best media streamer that you use?
    Right now I am streaming all my cable TV channels to my Treo using ORB (connected to my home desktop pc). Simply amazing and free too

Neil