1.    #1  
    I keep a couple of spreadsheets on my 700w and edit them both on the Treo and on my laptop, synching daily.

What I find is that when I open a spreadsheet on my 700w, edit and save, I get a version error (Would you like to save as...) because it is not the same as the dekstop version of Excel (2003, SP1).

Tried saving in previous versions on my desktop but no joy, yet.

Anyone have a workaround for this?

JM
    I just choose "save as ..." and then over-write the original file by choosing the same file name. So far I've had no problems when I open up the file again on my desktop. (Hopefully the trend continues).

I've had the same issue with Word documents as well. <sigh> Where is Documents-To-Go when you need them. I wish they would make a PPC version of their products.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    I just choose "save as ..." and then over-write the original file by choosing the same file name.
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Sigh.
    I also had this problem with Word, and I am too lazy to do file > save as every stupid time.

Since I deal in text more than spreadsheets, I downloaded PocketNotepad (free) and can edit my plain text files on Treo, Mac and PC via my SD card effortlessly. Suck my ****, Microsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    I just choose "save as ..." and then over-write the original file by choosing the same file name. So far I've had no problems when I open up the file again on my desktop. (Hopefully the trend continues).

I've had the same issue with Word documents as well. <sigh> Where is Documents-To-Go when you need them. I wish they would make a PPC version of their products.
    Softmaker makes great Word and Excel programs, but they're a bit pricey. Have no idea if it's compatible with 240x240 though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."