1.    #1  
    Any one try the new browser by MOzilla, Minimo?

Does it work? Is it buggy? Is it faster than PIE?

Any suggestions on alternatives to PIE?
    you can try Opera, they just released a new beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Any suggestions on alternatives to PIE?

NetFront is one of the main reasons I got a 6700. The default settings are awful and I almost gave up on it right away, but set it to Rapid render, smart-fit, 75% zoom, middle font size, change the font to a proportional one and you should be in mobile browsing heaven.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Any one try the new browser by MOzilla, Minimo?...
    I may be getting a WM5 device soon too and was also wondering about this. Anyone? Direct link here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    In my opinion that is one of the biggest things in my opinion that would draw me to a WM device. The ability to use fully featured browsers like MiniMo, Opera, and Netfront! Though I doubt that I would ever give up my 650, those abilities on WM are enticing. I want to get my girlfriend a 700w though, she likes WM better than POS, just for the little things like the browsers and being able to listen to XM on it. I tried MiniMo on my 6315 last summer when I was still GSm and it was nice and rendered well but that device just wasn't powerful enough to run it. Netfront was great after playing with the settings, having tab browsing was a treat on a mobile device
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    I may be getting a WM5 device soon too and was also wondering about this. Anyone? Direct link here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/

I installed 0.013 Minimo on my 700w, but it hangs and is very slow...
    funny b/c the site above shows a picture of the Treo 700w as an example on the website....!

Had to uninstall it because it kept popping up the on-screen keyboard, and made my Treo very unstable....
    Last edited by plasmo; 03/19/2006 at 10:19 PM.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I had a similar problem with MiniMo...

Downloaded the beta of NetFront 3.3, and have been in heaven as well. It is a little slower than IE loading, and does need to be tweaked to be readable, but well worth it. the beta version exires on 4/30, so I guess that's when we will have to start paying for it.