1.    #1  
    http://www.engadget.com/2004/08/31/h...s-a-wifiphone/

Has anyone with the Vonage softphone enabled tried this on the 700? It seems like the connection would be fast enough. I have vonage but have not yet purchased the softphone option. If this works I'll sign up! If anyone's tried this please let me know how it works!
    I have vonage softphone but haven't used it yet on my treo, I've heard skype works well. where can I download the software? and ill let u know
    sjphone and skype for low cpu work just fine

xcpuscaler for some extra speed when using skype
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    where can I download the software? and ill let u know
    http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html
    well, i cant find anywhere on the software to log in, perhaps its on the bottom, maybe its cut off, because it looks like this is made for 320x240
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    It's ok, but it was a memory hog and well, I already HAVE a cellphone and a data plan and i didn't get the why I'm using my CELLPHONE to make VOIP phone calls. So, I deleted it and went back to using my Treo.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    It's ok, but it was a memory hog and well, I already HAVE a cellphone and a data plan and i didn't get the why I'm using my CELLPHONE to make VOIP phone calls. So, I deleted it and went back to using my Treo.
    It just seemed like a cheaper alternative to getting a voice plan.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    it probably is, but here's the thing, you have to use some way to GET to the Internet, and a voiceplan is a monthly charge. If you don't have a voiceplan, they charge you beaucoup bucks to connect to the Web/minute. No kidding, I did it one month without realizing it and I cried when I got my bill.

They got you under/over/rolling all around inside, the barrel, so as the saying goes if you're going to f*** me, at least tell me I have pretty eyes.
  9.    #9  
    Wow, that's good to know. Because I was gonna cancel my phone plan and just use data. Welp, there goes that
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    you won't get a deal on the phone.

Look, the thing is a PDA/PHONE, so you have to sign up for the phone part or they won't give it to you for the discounted price and charge you full price on it. So, if you ONLY sign up for the data plan, what are you going to do only make VOIP calls?

Oh, and skype charges for calling landline phones and non-skype users you know?
    They cannot maintain this strangle hold on consumers forever and they know it. Haven't you wondered why they dont include wi-fi on these phones?

If I have paid for an unlimited broadband data plan, you can keep a straight face when you tell me its reasonable for you to charge me to the packets of data that happen to be used for an SMS? Or even for voice?

My first bill from Verizon was $358 dollars, this is for the cheapest family plan they have with 2 lines, and broadband on each phone.

Yes you are correct, they are currently able to force us in to a voice plan, but they wont be able to keep it up forever. VOIP means the the end of per minute charges for phone calls period. Eventually it will happen, and for some of us it will happen sooner rather than later.

By the way, you can run vonage soft phone on your pda now, and verizon will sell you an EDVO data plan for $79 dollars a month (plus bull**** fake taxes of course).
    Again, back on topic, hotmonkeyac, i cannot find a place to log in to the vonage software with the 700w, it seems its not compatible with 240x240.

If this were written in .NET, i would be happy to take a look at the source, and try to shrink it down for 700w.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Again, back on topic, hotmonkeyac, i cannot find a place to log in to the vonage software with the 700w, it seems its not compatible with 240x240.

If this were written in .NET, i would be happy to take a look at the source, and try to shrink it down for 700w.
    Try downloading this:

http://www.sjlabs.com/softphone/Vonage-PPC2003-274a.cab
    http://www.sjlabs.com/softphone/SJph...C2003-303c.cab

??
    yeah, that's the file I used, its 320x240