1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I'm with Verizon now...used to be with Sprint. I just bought a 700W about a week ago. I used to have a Treo 600. I miss the Palm OS. Does anybody think that Verizon would allow me to switch to the 700P when it comes out? Since I have insurance..incase the phone broke...would it be possible to trade the W for the P? i know whith Sprint they were pretty decent about switching phones within the same class....

Thanks in advance

I am thinking about downgrading to the 650....it's still an upgrade from my 600.
    well perhaps if the 700p existed, but so far it only exists on this board, I have 2 700ws in my household, so if another treo is released soon that is 3g, I wouldn't mind getting one if for nothing more than the screen, the rest of the palm features have not done much for me yet, like number of taps to get from a to b, or how my sms is organized, whatever sms is
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    They are not going to let you do a trade in or anything of that matter, no cell carrier in the US does anything like that anymore. The only thing you can do is pay the full retail price for it or if you are due for an upgrade then you can upgrade. Most carriers anymore are pretty hardcore about phone prices, the full retail price is usually what the company buys them for from the manufacture and when you get that discount every year or two or when you first sign up the company is actually taking a loss to give you a good deal.

Palm used to offer a deal where you gave them the serial number for your current handset and they gave you money off your new Palm device. They haven't done that though since the 600 as far as I know.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I had a Treo 300 and because I had so many problems with it, they upgraded me to the 600. I am not very happy with the phone. I miss the PALM OS! Software compatibility sucks! Why didn't they keep the same screen as the 650?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    As far as the screen is concerned it has to do with the WM software it only supports the resolutions 320x240 and 240x240. Its a software issues. As far as the trade I have heard that that happens at times, if you have issues with a phone so long, for example I remember when I had an issue with Kyocera 6035, I exchanged it like 4 or 5 times before they offered to upgrade me ot the Audiovox Thera. Sometimes we get lucky and get that free upgrade but it doesn't happen often and its only after extreme stress that it happens.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    My understanding of the screen is that it doesn't ONLY support 320x240 and 240x240 (obviously as there are PPCs with 640x480 screens), but that it doesn't support 320x320. In all logic, Palm could have included a 480x480 screen. The WM OS just doesn't support any resolution that isn't a multiple of 240 pixels. At least that is my understanding. Why they didn't include a 480x480 screen I'll never know.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    verizon will trade your phone for something "comparable" if you have your phone replaced 3 times for the same issue within either 6 months or a year, not sure which it was...
    6 months, or if you have a B2B account and just ask really nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    Why they didn't include a 480x480 screen I'll never know.
    They are more than twice the price of a 320 x 320 at this point.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'd be willing to pay more for 480x480, but not that much more. I honestly haven't had any complaints with the screen, and I've used VGA PPCs extensively.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    the insurance isnt through verizon, its third party. the insurance company might be able to do the switch if and when the 700p is available, just dont let them know you didnt have it before.
    You have insurance? "Oops, I dropped my phone, can I get the other kind that costs the same?" "Sure, no problem". That's how it will go.