1.    #1  
    I just got the Verizon Tero 700w phone/PDA with Verizon. I was really dissapointed to find out that Verizon will only support the nasty wireless Sync with the desktop replicator running. Anyway I pretty sure your can configure this device to get email/caledars wireless without using the dumb replacator. I was on the Windows moblie site and I found instructions to setup exchange email on the device, but I not sure what settings I need for the connection to get to my email wirelessy. When I follow the instrtuctions to setup your connection it tells me to enter my IPS number....
    My question is: how can I configure this to sync with my mail and calendars wirelessly? Does it use a DUN setting for verizon?
    Help....Im just about to return this thing.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Do you have an Exchange server you're trying to connect to? Syncing wirelessly without the WS app requires you to have an Exchange server. If you don't have an account on an Exchange server, there isn't any other way to sync wirelessly with your own personal home desktop.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  3.    #3  
    I do have an exchange server at my work place....The question is how to connect to it?

RET
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Open Activesync either on the 700w or a PC with the 700w connected. On the PC go to Tools/Configure Server Source. You should get the settings for your Exchange server from the server admin. Alternatly on your device you can open Activesync and go to Menu/Configure Server. Again, you would need the settings for your specific server from the admin. The actual data connection depends on how you are wanting to connect. I use the Verizon EVDO data connection and have an unlimited internet plan for it.
  5.    #5  
    [QUOTE= The actual data connection depends on how you are wanting to connect. I use the Verizon EVDO data connection and have an unlimited internet plan for it.[/QUOTE]

This is what I am looking for ....I have the exchange server already setup, but I have a unlimited data plan with Verizon already.
    No one will give this this info at verizon....they just tell me the will not support exchange.

how/what setting do I use to conncet EDVO data connection?

RET
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The Verizon data settings are built into the phone. When you try to connect to any data connection it should automatically start dialing them. You can see them if you go to Start/Settings/Connections/Connections/My ISP and tap on Manage Existing Connections.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Does this have to be on Exchange 2003? Im running Exchange 2000

So by doing this does it eliminate the need for Active Sync to sync up for mail, notes, calendar, tasks?

I know I need to connect to get files to it, but this would work out slick for me if eliminates the need to sync up for outlook items...
    Last edited by COBronco; 03/02/2006 at 04:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yes, it eliminates the need to sync those items with a PC. I think it has to be Exchange 2003 to work with Activesync, the older 2000 won't. I'm not 100% certain on that, but pretty sure.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I did some looking, and yes it has to be 2003. Its called OMA, Outlook Mobile Access. Guess I will be hunting for a deal on Exchange 2003