1.    #1  
    I've searched for this topic but came up empty.

Is there a setting that allows event reminders to be heard thru a headset, especially bluetooth? It would also be nice if the voice announcement could be heard. Since I use a bluetooth headset, I leave my phone on my desk as I wander around the office. This doesn't allow me to hear reminders from the phone.
  2. wbj
    I can't speak for Bluetooth, but when voice announcements are activated via voice command and I have my external sounds turned off (the switch on top of the phone) but have a headset plugged in....voice command announces everything through my headset but not to the outside world...sorry do not have bluetooth headset to test that for you...
    Try headcold. I don't bluetooth, so I'm not sure if it'll work. Here's what it does: "HeadCold is a small PalmOS utility that will allow you to direct the sound output of a Treo 600 or a Treo 650 to either the built-in speaker or the headphone jack."

It's at MTDN download section.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbj
    I can't speak for Bluetooth, but when voice announcements are activated via voice command and I have my external sounds turned off (the switch on top of the phone) but have a headset plugged in....voice command announces everything through my headset but not to the outside world...sorry do not have bluetooth headset to test that for you...

I just tried this with my BT heaset and it didn't work. Head Cold is for POS, I doubt it will work with WM5. The search is on.
    Oops. My bad. posted from the Treo and didn't even notice it was a WM question. Sorry.