1.    #1  
    I would like to listen to SmartVideo Live TV streaming over my Motorola H300 Bluetooth Headset..but I can't with the Treo700w (or at least I think I can't)

Here is what I found looking into this....

(1)

A2DP (Stereo Over Bluetooth) is now out from a third party vendor on PalmOS
    http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

This does not work for the 700w w/windows mobile 5.0

(2)

BTAudio Utilities
    These utilities will allow you to turn on/off the redirection of all system audio audio to your Bluetooth Headset
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=54951

This does not work for the 700w w/windows mobile 5.0

(3)

Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 AKU 2 Bluetooth A2DP Profile
    Will enable you to redirect audio to bluetooth A2DP Devices

but

The update is not out yet by Microsoft (possible march?)

(4)

Peter Foot Knows how to do it.
    In the Windows Mobile 5.0 audio gateway implementation there are a couple of control codes to turn on audio routing through the bluetooth headset/handsfree device. I've only tried this with a couple of devices and had mixed (That's a really bad audio pun sorry!) results but here's a library to allow you to try it yourself. In theory it may work on some 2003 Second Edition devices too.

http://www.peterfoot.net/DivertSyste...thHeadset.aspx

I have not a clue how to implement this.

Can anbody tell me how to listen to audio via Bluetooth??????

Thanks
    me 2, however i'm assuming even if we get it to work it will be "phone quality", it might be better just to wait for WM5 update, however thats not even a promise that it will work, because dont we still need a driver from palm? from what i have seen palm provides nothing, and third parties come up with everything
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I just hope we don't have to buy all new headsets that are 'compatible' to get even mono sound from a bt headset.
  4. sig
    TU7: have you tried the BTAudio utility? It seems to do the samething as bluecast, but for free. It appears one treo user couldn't get it working and I couldn't get bluecast to work even after the .net 2.0 upgrade.
    Guys, there's an app on my website called VJVolubilis that will allow you to toggle audio gateway and audio control gateway. All my software is free.

It works well on WM5 devices (and some WM2003 devices) to pass audio to bluetooth.

V
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo_user_7
    Here is what I found looking into this....

Rather than just posting a new thread with something like... "Duh.. how do I listen to.. with BT", I applaud you for having searched, done the research, and listed your findings in a logical manner.

It's a refreshing change from the typical newbie to any forum, who simply posts questions discussed to death rather than first searching.

Good job!
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Audiogateway does not work on the Treo
    Bump. Has this slipped through the cracks?

Vijay555, is offering us a free workaround for listening to our mp3s over bluetooth. Has anyone tested this on the treo? Would anyone be interested in user friendly front end for this? If that's ok with Vijay555.

http://www.vijay555.com/index.php?Releases:VJVolubilis

-AGON can be used to pass audio from some WM5 devices to a paired bluetooth headset, so hopefully you can listen to music etc over your headset without too much voodoo. This code is not widely tested (ie I lack hardware and time), but please email or report in the forum if you have success or failures, and which hardware and software it worked with.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Bump. Has this slipped through the cracks?

Vijay555, is offering us a free workaround for listening to our mp3s over bluetooth. Has anyone tested this on the treo? Would anyone be interested in user friendly front end for this? If that's ok with Vijay555.

http://www.vijay555.com/index.php?Releases:VJVolubilis

-AGON can be used to pass audio from some WM5 devices to a paired bluetooth headset, so hopefully you can listen to music etc over your headset without too much voodoo. This code is not widely tested (ie I lack hardware and time), but please email or report in the forum if you have success or failures, and which hardware and software it worked with.

i couldnt run it.. i get an error .. The File 'VJVolubilis' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be foound. You might need to reinstall or restore this file."

oh.. no gui.. i dont like this

im willing to try this as i fear verizon may remove a2dp on the update. where can i find a command line interface on this phone.
    Has anyone gotten VJVolubilis to work on a 700w?

Believe it or not, this is a huge hold up for me to jump from a 650 to a windows-based 700w. I'm just addicted to this feature since SAG has been released....

If I could stream Slingbox, XM, etc and use bluetooth; I'd switch to Windows Mobile in a heartbeat despite the 240x240 display!
    I got the cab to install and even got a audio gate way on message. But I am using a standard motorola bluetooth headset. And no audio goes to it. Should i be trying a stereo bluetooth headset?
    Has anyone tried the MSI BluePlayer? Search XDA-developers for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondtheTech
    Has anyone tried the MSI BluePlayer? Search XDA-developers for it...
    Isn't that for Symbian OS?