Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Under the SMS application, does anyone know a hack that will increase the number of MY Text entries that you can have. Currently the max is 10. There is know way to add to this. You can edit and chage but you can not exceed 10.
    thanks for the post, but as people will soon find out MOST of these hacks won't even work on the treo. just because thay are for windows doesn't mean they'll work. these are made for the gsm hct phones over at xda develpores. I have a list that were for the 6700 that hardly work on the treo. I know the intentions were good but I would sure like to see a thread with just hacks that work for us.

there is a like 100 page thread in this forum about reg hacks started in january. very few of those work either.

cody
    I agree with Codyppc

for instance, the Soft Key registry is very different from regular WM5. Same with the VoiceCommand 'hack'.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I was planning to move IE Temporary Files to Storage card, would this cause any issues?
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\shell Folders
    Change
    "Cache"="\Storage\Temporary Internet Files" to:
    "Cache"="\Storage Card\Temporary Internet Files"
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1 View Post
    do you know how to disable the "cannot connect" pop up when you are on a call and the device tries to check the pop 3 email account and cant since your on a call?

That is the most annoying pop up ...

Anyone figured this out ?

Thanks.
    Do you think this would work if we added that missing key?

Disable charging over USB

If your device can charge over USB, you can probably disable this feature by setting:
    HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\usbfndrv\EnableUsbCharging = 0 (DWORD decimal)
    And to re-enable:
    HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\usbfndrv\EnableUsbCharging = 1 (DWORD decimal)
    I did a lot of these hacks, I messed around a LOT with the date and decided it did not look good to have date AND time on the bar... so I opted to just show the time. BUt all of those worked fine no problem.

I also did the scrollbars, SMSNoSent, several others. All of the cache related hacks to increase performance, I am undecided as to whether that made anything faster. But I can say of all the hacks I did, they all haven't caused me any issues.

I would love to get rid of the batteryicon altogether on the 700wx. But so far I've only been able to get TWO batteryindicators, or the battery indicator and a volume control.

There's a palm app that runs the indicator we have, then there's the windows preset one, which covers up a volume icon. Anybody else know if it's possible to can all of those indicators or are we just SOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Do you think this would work if we added that missing key?

Disable charging over USB

If your device can charge over USB, you can probably disable this feature by setting:
    HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\usbfndrv\EnableUsbCharging = 0 (DWORD decimal)
    And to re-enable:
    HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\usbfndrv\EnableUsbCharging = 1 (DWORD decimal)
    just so everyone knows... i tried this and it didn't work.

in case anyone didn't know that there is a "rip your usb cable apart and soider a little wire in" hack that will allow usb charging. search for it here and/or ppcgeeks
    I have been searching everywhere. Is there a registry edit to turn off my companies group policy that makes me lock my device. It is a royal PITA. I get no CallerID when an incoming call comes in and the device is locked.
    On the hack which causes the .cab file to not be dynamically deleted when installing from a desktop exe...where does the .cab file get stored?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Hide/Show battery indicator in Task bar

If you wish to hide the battery indicator in the task bar on some devices, you can set:
    HKLM\Services\Power\ShowIcon = 0 (DWORD decimal)
    And to show:
    HKLM\Services\Power\ShowIcon = 1 (DWORD decimal)

I was excited to see this one but when I go into resco I can not find HKLM/Services/Power.................Power is not in the registry.

Does anyone know how to get this executed on the Treo?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Hide/Show battery indicator in Task bar

If you wish to hide the battery indicator in the task bar on some devices, you can set:
    HKLM\Services\Power\ShowIcon = 0 (DWORD decimal)
    And to show:
    HKLM\Services\Power\ShowIcon = 1 (DWORD decimal)

I was excited to see this one but when I go into resco I can not find HKLM/Services/Power.................Power is not in the registry.

Does anyone know how to get this executed on the Treo?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think this applies to Treo's.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    sorry if I missed this...but my question is, can you customize the operator name on the upper left corner? I am trying to change the name of my operator to my name. Is there a way to change or customize it?
    Ride to Live!
    Live to Ride!
    Ride and Live for the SON!
    First of all, Hello everyone and Happy New Year... I've been visiting this forum for quite some time now, and I decided to join... I've been a tech fan for as long as i can remember myself, and I can see that some of you guys are like me...

To the point..

I have tried the File Cache tweaks and I do see an increase in overall screen refresh rates.. BUT... it EATS up allmost all of my ram... Im using the 700WX and I am really using it... I have many memory-hungry apps that need the ram, and I dont see the Cache increase as an advantage when it comes to multi-tasking... ( After all thats why we bought PDA's right? )

My question is:

Has anyone found an optimal Cache settings that would be sort of "best from both worlds"... have a snappy screen and free ram..

Thank you in advance..
    dude, I changed the phone skin tweak and the 2 min notification tweak and the only thing that happened different was that my phone stopped notifying me when I got a call. plus, I didnt even see the battery icon tweak in my reg, or its not listed under what you wrote. I have a 700 wx from vzw, anyone else have similiar issues w/ same phone? other than that there was some good info in there, but I think you're wrong about the whole putting zero as the cache size for the file system and filter, that just enables your phone to automatically choose the size thats best for your phone. plus, for the glyphe cache I have 32768 and noticed considerable change in my phone speed so it might be worth a try rather than the 16 thousand something you had posted. I haven't noticed that it slows anything else down at all, and why didnt you put the pie tweaks in there too. sorry to bust your balls but Im just contributing whats worked for me, thanks. a lot of new info though, I never saw the tweak that keeps you connected all the time, that one's actually the most useful of all probably.

LASHER
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Is there a way to change the Windows Flag in the upper left corner of the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo_user_7 View Post
    http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...5_Tweaks_Other

...clip...
    Change the display of the clock in the taskbar

The clock in the taskbar can be changed to show not only the time, but also the date, or just the date, or nothing at all.
    To show nothing:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 0 (DWORD decimal)
    To show just the clock:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 1 (DWORD decimal)

To show just the date:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 2 (DWORD decimal)

To show both the date and the clock:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 1 (DWORD decimal)

Note 1: If you switch to the Analog clock display, the date will remain visible -through- the Analog clock
    Note 2: Setting the clock to show 'nothing' will still keep the reserved space, showing the taskbar background, and obscure any icons that will shift to the right.
    Note 3: Your date may get obscured by the space reserved for the OK/Close button in the top-right. You can fix this my adding spaces at the end of your 'Short Date Format'. See also the tweak on 'Change the Short Date Format'

Change the Short Date Format

Applications may call upon the system to provide a 'short date format'. One such application is the Date/Time display in the taskbar, if set to show the date. To change the Short Date Format to show "Mon/2" (example):

HKLM\nls\overrides\SSDte = "ddd/d " (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Note 1: For more information on date/time formatting strings, see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ateformats.asp
    Note 2: All applications using the short date format will be affected by this change. Choose wisely

...clip...
    Where you say:
    "To show both the date and the clock:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 1 (DWORD decimal)"

Should it be TBOpt = 3 instead of 1 ?
    Just call me Berd.
    As Codyppc (the man on threaded sms) says: "most of these will not work for the 700wx," mainly because the keys don't exist in our registries. @robdam, you are most definitely correct, the "Battery Icon Tweak" will not work for us as "Power" does not exist @ that location. I'm with you though, I would love nothing more than to get rid of my battery icon and also the "Sprint" bar in the today screen, my phoneAlarm shows me battery & bluetooth status as well as changes the state of it, so I'm with you, if anyone knows where to find these that would be great!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12