Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried both of these programs (on 700w)? - and tried a full restore after a hard reset to see if you are back where you started?

I may end up buying Sprite because I had problems doing restores using SPB Backup on my Treo 700w (otherwise backups work fine, but freezes during restores)...so I had to hard reset and start from scratch again.
    Sprite Backup - Full Restore after Hard Reset - 100% successful everytime. Everytime!!
    Me too. Sprite worked perfectly. And I like the nightly soft reset after a scheduled backup.
    Russ
    Is there a specific version of the Sprite SW for the 700w?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Throw me in the Sprite corner. I've been using it for years, and wouldn't use anything else. Worked great on my 700w when I hard reset and restored. There is a specific version for the 700w coming from Palm, and it will be free for all 700w owners. In the mean time you can buy the WM5 version if you just can't live without it, it works with minor display problems.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Sprite works every time.

At some point, when Palm is done testing, they're making Sprite available for free. So keep an eye on your 30 day money back guarantee -- if Palm releases on time you can return your Sprite and get the free one.
    Sprite plain works. Occasionally, it will warn me about a file it won't back up (e.g. SEVEN's calendar DB) but that isn't a problem for me since that file is easily recreated. I've never had a problem with a restore.

In the WM5 release, my device password is restored and that is a good thing, The previous version would restore everything so someone could obtain my device data by restoring a backup file.

I do prefer the older version's way of backing up without doing resets (requiring me to enter my password) and making executable files, however.

Sprite and I am not married so I'd like to read reviews about other backup apps.
    what is the exact version to download...the version number that is...i can get copies of it but want to make sure i get the right one
    I think there is only one WM5 version.
    There are different version of Sprite for WM5 - VGA vs non-VGA.

The non-VGA works with the 700w.
    hmmm... excuse my ignorance, but going to the sprite website shows "Windows Mobile 2005 devices cannot use Sprite Backup" (which is odd because I thought iit was WM 5.0 not WM 2005) in big red letters everywhere. Here's the URL I visited:

Sprite Backup for PPC
    damn confusing website if you ask me....
    Sprite backup works and works well. I created a backup of my basic config and then my daily backup. Basic lets me wipe and reinstall if I played around with too many beta apps.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I'm trying Sprite out- did people install the program onto the Device or SD card?
    THANKS
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I install it to the SD card. First so it doesn't use any device memory and second so I have a copy of the .exe on the SD to restore from when I hard reset if I'm not at home.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    There is an option to install to the device and a subset of it to the card as well so you can restore. This is what I did so that I can backup to a different card. If I'm travelling and one card gives out, I keep a backup of the backup so I can always restore my contacts and other vital data.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Well, after trying out both Sprite and SPB versions.... Sprite definately wins.
    Backup on Sprite is way faster, and more options in advanced mode. Did a complete restore after Hard reset without problems, and perfect restore (except Background pic on Today screen was back to default)...other than that perfect.
    I had problems with hanging during backups with SPB, although SPB appeared more user friendly.
    I just purchased your software and I get the following error when trying to launch Sprite Backup. "Unable to find all necessary application files - please reinstall Sprite Backup.

I have unsinstalled and reistalled several times. Still getting same error message.

AND I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!

http://www.spritesoftware.com/forum/...hp?p=7309#7309
    mine is working fine....you may have dl'ed the wrong one
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast