1.    #1  
    I've been able to set up most of my mail accounts (Yahoo, MSN, Gmail, etc) using Incomming Server (POP3) Port 110 and Outgoing Server (SMTP) port 25. Howerver, I have a mail account that requires me to use a non-standard Incoming and Outgoing Server Port.

I have to use an Outgoing Server Port of 2250. Does anyone know how I can configure this in Windows Mobile 5.0 on a Treo 700w?

I use to have a Treo 650 and was able to configure it using Palm OS but cannot find it/configure it on the 700w.

When I set my POP3 account on the Treo, I don’t have an advance option of sort. I only have 4 screens in which I can configure my email account information:

Screen 1 of 4: Enter email Address
    Screen 2 of 4: User Information – Your Name, User Name, and Password
    Screen 3 of 4: Account Information – Account Type (POP3)
    Screen 4 of 4: Server Information – Incoming, Outgoing, Domain
    Options:
    Screen 1 of 3:
    Connect and check for messages every: ___ Minutes
    Screen 2 of 3:
    Only display message from the last ___ days.
    Require SSL connection
    Outgoing mail requires authentication
    Use separate settings

Help...
    better yet...anyone know of a better mail server? I would like to create SMTP profiles - eg.: have my 1 incoming IMAP server, but have 3 outgoing email addresses to be able to send from. I don't think pocket outlook can do this. I too am looking for more customizable email. I miss chatter!
    correction: better mail program, NOT server
  4.    #4  
    Found this on Verizon''s site. Once I set up my outgoing server using Verizon's SMTP server, I was able to send mail without any issues.

Why can't I send email through my existing ISP mail account?

Some ISPs (Internet Service Providers) do not allow their customers to send email from other networks such as Verizon Wireless' NationalAccess and BroadbandAccess services. To accommodate Verizon Wireless customers who have email accounts that do not allow relaying, Verizon Wireless has implemented an outbound SMTP mail server for you to be able to send your email.

To utilize SMTP you will need to do the following:
    1. Change your Outgoing Mail Server to smtp.vzwmail.net. The steps to change the Outgoing Mail Settings will vary by email client. Please refer to your email client provider for instructions on how to change the setting.
    2. Create a VText.com profile if you do not already have a Verizon Wireless VText.com profile. Visit www.vtext.com from your PC to register for free. A TXT Messaging capable data device or phone is required.
     The credentials to access the send mail server will be the 10-digit mobile number (used on VText.com) @vzwmail.net (i.e. 2025551212@vzwmail.net) for the user name. For the password use the password established on www.vtext.com.
     NOTE: Credentials established on www.vtext.com may take up to 48 hours before they will work on the Verizon Wireless SMTP server. If your password works on www.vtext.com but not on the smtp.vzwmail.net server, try again in a couple hours.

The Verizon Wireless SMTP server can be accessed from most ISPs (Internet Service Providers) eliminating the need to reconfigure settings when switching between Verizon Wireless and other networks.
    Here's the rule: you can only specify an alternate port *the first time* you set up an account (you can't go back and change it later).

In outgoing server, you enter "host.somewhere.com:587" (for instance, to use port 587).

But if you've already entered "host.somewhere.com" outgoing email defaults to port 25 (SMTP).

So to get it to work you have to delete the account and add it back again this time specifying ":<port>" after the outgoing host name.

Very confusing but it does work.
    tweaks2k2 will let you specify incoming and outgoing mail ports.