1.    #1  
    The past 3 times ive tried to active sync i get an error message:

"synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log onto the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persits contact your network admin"

Why is this happeneing and how can i resolve the issue....thanx
  2.    #2  
    it also says "Attention required" after the notes folder.....i have uninstalled active sync and deleted both mobile device from home pc and deleted the active sync device from the phone.....then reinstalled active sync and still same problem
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=103806

Sprite Backup/hard reset/Sprite Restore and you'll be back in business. Send your hate mail to MS.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    did anyone ever solve the perpetual "connecting" message when trying to connect to the pc via usb on windows xp pro but never connecting? I know a bunch of people had that problem.
    I solved mine by disabling ZoneAlarm, and MS Antispyware.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    I solved mine by disabling ZoneAlarm, and MS Antispyware.
    Where did you find ZoneAlarm? Is that on the desktop? MS Antispyware? Do you disable it everytime you sync? Or do you disable it for good?

Thanks
    ZoneAlarm works fine with AS on one machine and not on the other. On the machine where it doesn't work, I right click on the ZA icon on the task bar and select "Shutdown". After AS is finished, I restart it.
    ZoneAlarm is my firewall I using on my PC. You might being using Microsoft's built-in firewall or Norton or something else or nothing (hopefully not.)

I just shut down ZA before I want to sync and then restart when I am done. Just like Beryl above.

No I wouldn't want to disable it for good. It's protection.