1.    #1  
    I'm trying to get the Treo 700w bluetooth to work with a 2006 BMW 330i. I can successfully pair, but the phone seems to drop the connection after a minute or so.

This is 100% consistent and is independant of the phone sleeping. I can have it in my hand turned on, and watch the screen as it drops the bluetooth connection. If I dial out from the phone it will wake up the connection and connect to the car speakers. If I call the phone it will wakeup the connection and use the car speakers.

But I can't dial from the car using either the dash or voice controls because it can't find the phone connection. If I re-pair or reset the pairing to use the car for handsfree the connection gets established but again drops after a minute or so.

Naturally this works 100% fine with a Treo 650. The 650 will even display the signal strength on the car stereo which the 700w will not do.

Anyone solved a problem like this or gotten any word on Verizon on a fix? Without this working I'll be sending the 700w back despite how much I like the data speed (if they offered bluetooth DUN, then I might keep it with this problem but not with both issues not working).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm using the 700w on my lexus gx470. it works fine.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ... on the other hand, my 650 never worked!
    I have no problem with my 2004 Acura TL, once my car finds the phone. I've stated in other threads how the 700w shuts bluetooth off instead of pairing sometimes... once my car finds the phone it stays connected.

I might also add that Verizon service is MUCH better in my area (central NJ) than Cingular was. I have only had one dropped call in 2 months.
  5.    #5  
    My problem isn't that bluetooth turns itself off, it's that it seems to "go to sleep". The bluetooth icon is still on in the today page, it just loses the highlight showing it's connected to the car. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, re-pairing, restart, etc... after a minute or two it loses the bluetooth connection.

Interestingly it does reconnect if a call comes in or if I use the Treo to make a call. But it makes it impossible to make a call from the car controls.

It also seems like picture favorites don't transfer to the car. The default voicemail and 411 that I left in favorities do show up on the car, but none of the favorites I added as picture buttons. I haven't tested yet if I add a favorite not as a picture whether it transfers to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsx
    I have no problem with my 2004 Acura TL, once my car finds the phone. I've stated in other threads how the 700w shuts bluetooth off instead of pairing sometimes... once my car finds the phone it stays connected.

I might also add that Verizon service is MUCH better in my area (central NJ) than Cingular was. I have only had one dropped call in 2 months.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Anyone get caller ID to work with this phone in the car?
    I can't speak for how it works with a Lexus but my 700w works great with Ford's Mobile-Ease in my Mustang... Granted I cannot download my address book but then again I couldn't download it from my old V710 either...
    Having the same problem on my 2004 E60(530i). Frequent drops of the BT connection after uneventful pairing. Very frustrating.
    I've only had my 700wx for a few weeks but it connects to my Audi A6 just fine most of the times. I've noticed a few occassions that it won't connect when I start the car. In these cases I just turn off the engine and start it again and it connects. Not sure why it's doing that, but as long as I check it before I head off then all is fine. I've been on calls for 20 mins or so without losing the connection. I've only experienced a drop call twice so far, and that might well have been due to coverage, since I'm driving around I can't expect the coverage and signal to be great. But overall, it seems to work just fine, pretty much the same as my old 650 did.
    My 700WX paired with my Infiniti G35 Coupe just fine, but I have seen it lose connection (never during a call).

The biggest problem is with the car itself. They did not put in an adjustment for the microphone volume. Several G35 owners have complained that the person on the other end of the line cannot hear them. I drive around yelling up at the ceiling and hoping that the person on the other end can hear me. I can hear them fine and even have an adjustment for the speaker volume....just need a way to make the microphone more sensitive. I paired my phone with several of the news ones on the lot and had the same problem, so it is a design flaw for sure. Tried the 6700 and a motorola phone as well.....all have the same problem.

The Infiniti M is the only Infiniti that has an adjustable mic level.

Infiniti customer service pretty much told me to pound dirt and deal with it.
    I am having the same issue in a 2006 lexus gs300.. I have written palm about it and they said it's a defective unit, and I should have sprint swap the unit, but I know that is not true, I wrote them back and told them to FIX it.. so I guess it's a big hurry up and wait.
    Don't hold your breath tekietreo
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoffy View Post
    ... on the other hand, my 650 never worked!
    I've heard there's some sort of software update from Palm to fix this on older 650's... If you can't find it, I'll go searching for the post in the forum I saw it in...
    If anyone needs the Car Update for the Treo 650 I believe I have it here on my laptop. You definitely need to install that for a better working connection. This was a problem with the 650's that was fixed relatively early on, but I would suspect that newer 650's already have this.
    Actually, here's is what I have. It's only 226KB.

I no longer have the instructions but since it's a .prc file I think you just click on it to execute.

I provide no guarentees on this, but it certainly improved things for me after running it on my 650.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm having the same issue with my Lexus RX 350 and Palm Treo 650 from Verizon. When I spoke to my salesman at lexus, he told me I had to upgrade my palm software, which I did. Now, when I start the car, I get a message on the screen saying "Bluetooth connection successful" but after about 30 seconds or so, the connection is dropped and I am unable to reconnect even when I initiate a call from my phone.
    I called Verizon and was told they couldn't help me and transferred me to Palm tech support. Palm tech support in turn told me they couldn't help and I had to call lexus. I called lexus and they told me to call Verizon.

I'm so frustrated!!!
    With me '06 Audi A3, it connects and then drops over and over again.

Very annoying.
    I am also having problems with the 700w connecting in my car. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I can never have a full conversation. I tested a few others like the 650 and the 700p and they work fine. It's only the 700w that is having problems. It also not consistant with all cars. My previous car worked fine and my new one does not. Has anyone found an answer to this yet? It is very frustrating.
    Well everything worked with my 650, Vovlo with Moto 1000 car kit, HF820 speaker phone and H700.

Warreanty replacement was a 700P, and it's Sprint.

But the 700P paired with everything, but really doesn't work with anything. I was able to pair and transffer PICs with my Kodak V610.
    The Volovo with mute teh radio, but no audio comes though the car stereo.

Gotta love Palm.