1.    #1  
    is anyone having problems with this? I run windows xp and can connect via Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop web, however when using Terminal Services on the 700 i cannot. I've tried both the IP address and the web address. Any ideas?
    I believe it's only for server terminal services, not "remote desktop". I could be wrong, but then again I only have servers running terminal service, not desktops running remote desktop.
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    Another great (and free!) way to accomplish this is via the Logmein software. Go to www.logmein.com, create an account on the computer you want to access, then go to the same site from your Treo and download the Pocket PC client. It works great!!!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    You should be able to use the Terminal Services client to control XP (if you have remote desktop turned on in XP).

Just make sure you have the ability to connect to the remote client over the net. To control my desktop at work I first have to fire up the VPN.
  5.    #5  
    thanks gex, that did it, just had to setup a VPN
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    How does one set up a VPN client on the 700 for a regular PPTP VPN server (like the routing and remote access built into Windows Server 2003)? I asked the question here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=105735 but never got a response.
    How do you connect to the remote desktop through the net using an alternate port? I would prefer not to use the standard 3389 port. Whenever I put the ":xxxx" public port after the IP, it says it's not a valid IP address. It works with the regular 3389 port.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoldwa
    Another great (and free!) way to accomplish this is via the Logmein software. Go to www.logmein.com, create an account on the computer you want to access, then go to the same site from your Treo and download the Pocket PC client. It works great!!!
    ITA. I was really surprised that it would work with so little RAM on my 700w since I had to terminate apps and today plug-ins to get it to work consistently on my XV6600.
  11.    #11  
    I could've sworn that I saw a thread somewhere that had an application that would resize a windows xp terminal session to fit the 700 screen. I think it was on sourceforge somewhere. Anybody know?