1. JiG
    Hi all --

I've been using my 700w for about a month now and have a good sense of how well the phone works.

I've noticed one general problem. The phone is very slow -- not always responsive.

The "slowness" doesn't occur when I'm running specific programs. It's when I tap the power button to turn the screen on. Often times I have to tap twice or after take a couple of times, the phone catches up to my 4-5 strokes of keys (if you know what I mean, the device will change a few screens because it's executing the 5 buttons I just hit, in sequence).

Sometimes, when I'm checking my emails I hit the phone button to make a phone call but it takes seconds for the phone screen to come up. Or If I'm at the phone screen, I hit the messaging keys and it takes about 3 seconds for that screen to appear.

Wouldn't you agree, 3 whole seconds seems a bit long? I'm not sure if I'm stuck with a defective unit but rebooting the phone seems to help. After a fresh reboot the device is running a bit smoother. I find myself rebooting this phone a lot more than my old 600.

I don't have much running on my phone yet, other than Avantgo.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    I am having the same issue, it seems like the screen freezes and then appears. My contacts is the most noticeable, but the phone is much slower than the 600.
  3. JiG
    Wheeew! Glad I'm not the only one -- although that doesn't make my situation any better.

Quite frankly I was expecting the first Treo integration with WM5 to be a rocky road.

I can't say I'm shocked but did spend $600 + on a phone that's far from perfect!