Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Is it possible to make a Internet Explorer shortcut icon to directly goto a specific website? (eg. an icon in Programs menu to directly goto Treocentral when clicking it)
    thx
    Last edited by plasmo; 02/26/2006 at 08:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    To answer my own question (figured it out) -
    Use Resco Explorer, and hold down weblink (in Favorites folder) with stylus, and
    click on "create Today shortcut"

thanks,
    np- you are welcome
    Plasmo, are you doing this so that you can use Voice Command to go directly to a web site?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    No, not using voice command, but just making fewer clicks to get to a particular website (one click vs. three)...although I know you can use Voice command also, but I don't use it much because many times the recognition is incorrect for me...
    you can improve recognition accuracy by changing the shortcut names to something that is more readable. i.e. if you have a "TreoCentral" as a link, you may want to make it "Treo Central". Also if you had "PDAPhoneHome.com" you might want to change that to "P D A Phone Home dot com" - this would insure that the system is listening for exactly the right thing which will improve the odds of it getting it right.