1.    #1  
    I know there has been dicsusion about this. I want to remove both the verizon banner and the contact lookup. I want to use Phone alarm and this is taking up too much space.

Also, when i hacked the date and time in the title bar, the last digit of the date is left out. Anyone know how to make a ppear? It also is a different font from the date field.
    you can remove contact lookup very easily (c'mon, if you're a hacker type, this should have been obvious!)

(from the today screen)
    Menu
    Preferences
    Check/Uncheck 'Hide Lookup Field'

Couldn't be much simpler, eh?
    The interesting thing about the "hide lookup field" option is the lookup field pops back up on the today if you start typing a contact name and does not go away again when you clear the field, it stays on the screen.
    Thanks for the post...I didn't realize you could hide it. BTW mine hides after the field is cleared.
    Great tip, mnsnopro. Mine disappears after clearing the search as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    The interesting thing about the "hide lookup field" option is the lookup field pops back up on the today if you start typing a contact name and does not go away again when you clear the field, it stays on the screen.
    yes it does...BUT if you unhighlight the lookup field and highlight something else on the today screen it dissapears automatically, or if you leave it alone for a sec
    There's a reg hack to change the text "Verizon Wireless" to whatever you want, but it won't stick past a soft reset. Does anyone know of a program which can automatically make a scripted set of registry edits on startup so we could have the "reprogramming" of this registry item (and others) automated after a soft reset?

Adam
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys, i figured out the remove lookup one too. ANy way to completely remove the whole verizon banner including the bluetooth and gds icon? I need more room for useful crap!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    There's a reg hack to change the text "Verizon Wireless" to whatever you want, but it won't stick past a soft reset. Does anyone know of a program which can automatically make a scripted set of registry edits on startup so we could have the "reprogramming" of this registry item (and others) automated after a soft reset?

Adam
    Registry script application is a good idea. There are other non-sticky hacks that I want to apply at startup also.

For the "Verizon Wireless" hack, it is more than a soft reset that restores the default. Hack the content and just wait a few hours to a day without reset, you will see that "Verizon Wireless" comes back even without a reset. I believe the phone is applying the "carrier ID" string to the field whenever the system is refreshed.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Any update on this thread? Getting rid of the Verizon banner would be helpful.
    None yet... Anyone else have any bright ideas?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I found that if you use memmaid 1.61 you can remove the dial lookup today plugin but it also disables the recent call list that comes up when you hit the send button. The dial lookup plugin is what controls the banner and the bluetooth icon area.
    Check this out too:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115521

Check the last post especially.