1.    #1  
    I have had my phone for about 6 weeks now and am up to here with daily or more having to do a soft reset because the phone will not wake up. I did a hard reset as requested by Verizon tech support but that did not reduce the frequency of soft resets. From all I have read this appears to be a problem related to Active Synch but Verizon says that Active Synch is supposed to be always on, like the sysstray in Windows.

I am seriously considering drilling a hole in the battery cover and phone leather case to make soft resetting an easier task. Has anyone done this? What are the drawbacks(other than possibly voiding my warranty)

Thanks
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I did. The problem I ran into was positioning. Even though I measured the location of the reset button with a ruler to the nearest MM and created a template with a sheet of paper that I then taped to the back of the battery cover, it was still a MM or so off. It works, but doesn't look pretty. I also had to use a slightly larger drill bit than the stylus. The next closest one I had was too small, and the bigger one is too big. In the end I just ordered one of the Seidio covers that have a hole already in them along with their 2400mAh battery.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    check the sticky at the top of the forum.....this will solve your wake up problem
    Yep, check out the very first thread intitled 700 wont power on... Follow the instructions in the links, this will fix the problem. Mine was doing the samething untill this, now it works awesome.
    Seido has a pre-drilled cover for the 650, I don't know if they have or will produce one for the 700.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Perhaps software is a better option. Wei's soft reset is free and it works on the 700w.

http://www.mobiletopsoft.com/getprod...+Pocket+PC+1.1

I actually use XCpuScalar and it has a soft reset icon on the Today screen next to the clock speed display.
    Wei's SoftReset is simple, straightforward... make a shortcut in your menu items to make it available via Start menu... rarely need to remove cover any more...
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Many of the times I soft reset is because the software portion of a device is locked up. The software option isn't always an option. Seidio does make a battery cover with a hole in it (see above, I already posted about ordering one), but it is on back order right now.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  9.    #9  
    When the phone is dead and will not wake up a software solution is excluded as an option. If te phone is operational the it doesn't normally need to be reset. I have found that opening running programs and using the stop all on a regular basis keeps the phone running fairly well in between soft resets. The Seido cover seems to be the best solution until Microsoft/Palm/Verizon get their act in gear and fix this problem. Thanks for all the suggestions