Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Is there any way to play the Itunes audio files with Windows Media Player? Or is there a better player that I can get for free? I am using TCPMP and it works ok, but it has no one handed support.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blile
    Is there any way to play the Itunes audio files with Windows Media Player? Or is there a better player that I can get for free? I am using TCPMP and it works ok, but it has no one handed support.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Let me understand...you are playing music purchased on iTunes on your Treo? If so, please tell me how.
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Now -> Blackberry 8700c - Treo 700w - HP hx4705 - Sony TR3A - HPdv1000(duo)
    Then -> Samsung-i730, PALM-Treo650, RIM7200, Seimens-sx66, RIM7230, HP4100-2200-1900-3900-3800, Toshiba-e750, HP3700-3400, Kyocrea-PALMphone, Sony-PEGUX50, Compaq-Aero, HP-680, Handspring-Prism w/OmniSky, PALMVx w/OmniSky-BETA, PalmV, PALMPilot
    dang, we gotta hear about this, itunes on the treo?
    For a short while, TCPMP shipped with an AAC codec that played iTunes, but apparently they've been "encouraged" to not include that codec anymore. Now when you try to play an iTunes song, TCPMP pops up a window that says, "MPEG4 AAC audio decoder not included! It was removed from the official install package because of intellectual property considerations."
    so how can we get a older version?
    I found the TCPMP AAC plugin myself after about 15 minutes on google. It even displays artwork on AAC encoded MP4 files. DRM encrypted files purchased through the iTunes Store aren't supported however, since only Apple products can load the keys.

Interestingly, there are reports that the latest version of media player for PPC supports AAC as well.

edit: report confirmed. I just tried this and the media player on my 8125 plays aac encoded mp4s. The player on my 700w did not however.
    Last edited by Sleuth255; 02/24/2006 at 10:49 PM.
    On a Yahoo search, it comes up as the 1st hit

Palm http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/tcpmp.aac.zip
    Windows http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/t...obile.0.66.zip

Note that thes eare for version 0.66 of TCPMP and may not work on 0.70. Some sites say it does, some say no.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 02/25/2006 at 12:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'm using TCPMP version .71K and the aac plugin from rarewares and I can't play unprotected AAC files (.m4a).
    --jaslo
    Remove the file protection and convert to Mp3...

Any computer in the world already has the software to do this, just think.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaslo
    I'm using TCPMP version .71K and the aac plugin from rarewares and I can't play unprotected AAC files (.m4a).
    Saw a post on one of the forums where one has to completely remove TCPMP and all the plug ins, install the new version (new beta out today BTW) and then put plug ins back in.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13
    Remove the file protection and convert to Mp3...

Any computer in the world already has the software to do this, just think.
    No need for sarcasm dude.

For those of us not as smart as you are what program do you use to convert protected files to mp3. (Sincerely) Thanks.
    Excuse my ignorance, but couldn't one burn the songs from iTunes to an audio cd, then rip it back to an mp3 file? There's probably a more direct way, but that would get you from point a -> b for now.
    Check this out:
    http://www.aspecto-software.com/xoop...hp?cid=1&lid=2

Not quite the same thing you are wanting, but it works with WiFi connection!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgabe
    Excuse my ignorance, but couldn't one burn the songs from iTunes to an audio cd, then rip it back to an mp3 file? There's probably a more direct way, but that would get you from point a -> b for now.
    Yes you can do this. It costs you a little time, perhaps a little quality, and a CDR for every 10-15 songs, but it does work.
    maybe somebody should write Palm and tell them to make the new media player that can play AAC encoded mp4s available as an update. I think its a crime that they didn't do that in the first place.

converting AAC -> mp3 is going to cost quite a bit in terms of loss of quality. It's not as smart an idea as some would believe. My entire library is AAC. Fortunately I excercise my free use rights with jHymn so I don't have DRM issues. Because of this, I can map to my iTunes share and dump whatever music I want onto my device.

Come on Palm, let's get a media player update to M$'s current version out!