Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    happens a decent amount of time. the green light isstill flashing but nothing can be done to wake it up. only thing you can do is pull the battery out and install it again and resets.

any ideas ?

im not sure what its called or i would have found it in my searches before i posted this thread.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i've had this happen on my 700w since Verizon had me update the Wireless Sync app 2 weeks ago. other than that, i have no clue why it's happening. i want to use this device but more episodes like this will force me to consider something else.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    what have they said on it ?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    good link...thanx
    Unfortunately, the axim 'fix' has no effect on the death of backlight issue. No one has located the source of the problem, therefore there is no absolute cure at this time, sorry to say. Same problem is occuring on other WM5 devices, fwiw.
    Well at least the BSOD acronym still applies
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    my qtek 9100 hasn't had this problem... only my 700w. (i hope i didn't curse myself)
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    HTC Wizard-variants have sporadically experienced the same screen issue as the 700w. Let's hope that the genesis for this problem is located soon.
    it has to do w/ your signal strength and Wireless Synch.

try turning off the "enable push" setting and turn on the "enable readysynch" setting. that seemed to fix all the issues I had w/ mine.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Wireless Sync is not installed on my 700w. in fact, i tried the ActiveSync trick and my device still freezes after disconnecting the charger and attempting to revive the device. i contacted Tech Support and they offered to send me a refurbished device, but i declined.

after missing 2 emergency phone calls this past week - because the device would not wake up - i've decided to get a different device. i'm working with our corp business rep to swap for the 6700.
    cortez
    I still have this problem consistently with no wireless sync installed. I also have another similar issue where the screen will come on, but I cannot get rid of the keyguard message. The red hard button will still turn the backlight on and off, but nothing else is accessible.
    I just ordered a replacement unit for this problem. Only using AIM, ADobe Reader 2.0, Pocket TV, Socket ES300 WiFi and Sprite Backup (new Feb. 7 version). As the BSOD occurred more and more frequently, to several times a day, it required a hard reset. Then it froze again and a soft reset would only give me the WSOD with the TREO logo, and nothing else. requiring another hard reset.
    This time I didn't put back ANY of the apps, and left it plain stock, as it comes from the factory. Locked up again and again, soft reset, soft reset, then Hard reset, again, then the WSOD wi tht e TREO logo. Peroid. Even with a hard reset it freezes on the TREO logo. Put a fork in it, it's done.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    The only way getting a new phone is going to fix it is if you get a 650.

Welcome to Windows Mobile. This has been reported with ALL WM5 phones (Wizard, Apache, Universal, Dell's) and some WM 2003 (the Samsung). There are a millions speculations as to why this happens, but no one knows for sure. It probably has to do with a combination of things. If you are really interested, you can read this 22 page thread about it: http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=57073. To save you time I can sum it up: 1) no one knows why it happens, 2) no one knows how to fix it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 6700, but I really hate the DSOD. Also, you shouldn't have to pull out the battery. Doing a soft reset will bring it back to life.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    so far this hasn't occurred on my Wizard... and i hope is stays that way! FWIW, today i was at a Corp Verizon store when a rep placed the 700w in sleep mode, then unsuccessfully tried to revive it while talking to a customer. he reset the device, placed it into sleep mode again and the same thing happened again. i would hope that Verizon is pushing MS and Palm to fix the problem..
    cortez
    ITA w/jglev

It is probably related to one or more 3rd party apps you are running. The wrong combo can cause this.

Fortunately I've not experienced this and I've installed over 50 apps.
    As has been experienced by many users, plain-jane, out-of-the-box phones have this to occur repeatedly. It has absolutely nothing to do with 3rd party apps. We need a solution, not apologies.
  17. pfr
    The stuck black screen just happened to me this morning. I pulled out the battery... how else can you reset a 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by pfr
    The stuck black screen just happened to me this morning. I pulled out the battery... how else can you reset a 700w?
    try:
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14504

Neil