Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Last night I filled my new 4GB SD card (which I've been using for about a week) past the 2G mark. My 700w did not like that at all! Everytime I cycled the power button to turn the screen off and back on, the device crashed and required a soft reset.

I took some files off and brought the card below the 2G "barrier" and all was right with the world again.

The card is an ADATA that I bought from ebay and it reads and writes perfectly on my PC-card reader.
    --jaslo
    I have the same A-Data 4GB SD card and I haven't pushed it beyond the 2GB limit, so after I read your post I did just that.

I took two large 1GB files and copied them to my SD card. It now reads:

In use: 2998.63 MB
    Free: 814.90 MB

After copying the files over on my PC, I put the card in my Treo and tried turning it on and off a few times. All is well.

I then started the File Browser and confirmed the files were shown.

I then fired up the Windows Movie Player and told it to update the library so it would do a good card scan. All went well.

Then I did a soft reset, the Treo came back up as it normally does. I re-ran the above tests and still everything was fine.

My guess is you put something on your Treo that it didn't like, or you got a bad card. I'll keep those files on my Treo for a few more days to see if anything happens over time. You might want to put the files back on your card and slowly delete them until you can find the culprit. I must admit when I first got my Treo I put something on the card that it didn't like and got frequent lockups. I never found out which file it was as I was just playing around and didn't want the files there anyway.
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    Quick follow-up...

I figured I'd breach the 3GB limit to make sure that I could safely store up to 4GB. So I loaded up another file.

In use: 3639.92 MB
    Free: 173.61 MB

All is well.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thanks, I tried your suggestion and found some album art files that were hidden and some system files -- removing those seemed to get it working.
    --jaslo
    Awesome... sounds like the OS is a bit buggy when it comes to "foreign" files on the card. The other workaround if you MUST have a file on that card that it doesn't like is to perhaps ZIP it so it hopefully ignores it. The process of elimination is not fun, however, and hopefully they will fix this problem in the future. If you do figure out what kind of file it doesn't like, I'd alert Microsoft so they have something specific to test and fix.
    I have also have the A-Data 4GB SD card. Presently it has 3572MB in use. I have nearly my entire documents folder (minus some pictures and mp3's) on it. Fortunately I can say I have had no troubles with it.

Tom