1.    #1  
    Hi guys -

Completely new to the forum and a bit of an amature. I am an "independent user," so I do not have a company to stand behind with an Exchange server. I just run Outlook.

I upgraded my BB 7750 to a 700w last night and have concluded that I might be an *****. Once you've had BB's webclient instantaneously push email, anything less is disappointing (especially at the price). I love having a windows representation of my schedule/contacts/tasks on my hip, but I'm not sure if it justifies the price and new unlimited data plan (the BB was fine on 10mb/month). I used to operate the BB and a RAZR for phone use, so my main goal was to consolidate the two. I also have doubts about having to leave Outlook running on a computer to receive email (I know I can use GMAIL and program it to sync every X minutes, but that's not my concern right now).

I am aware of the fact that there are some programs to "push" email instantly from Exchange servers, but is anything in the works for people like me? Should I hold out, or should I return the device in the next 14 days?

Thanks!
    J.
    If you're not using an Exchange server, there's no need to have anything running on your desktop in order to get your mail. Just configure the built-in mail program on the Treo to access your POP or IMAP email account directly at your ISP. Or am I misunderstanding your situation?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply...

I think I was just spoiled by the BlackBerry's instant-push. I ended up doing exactly what you recommended, and there's a three to five minute lag between the time mail is sent and received (the BB was instant). It actually isn't a big deal... it's just weird taking that step back. It is nice to have one unit, but it wasn't too bad having the RAZR and 7750. Still a toss-up. I'm going to give it a little time.

Thanks!
    J.