Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I finally tweaked my 700w to the point where everything is working well, and has been running stable (esp. after taking off Favorites/Notes for Synching)

Anyway, for some reason, my "New Incoming Email Message" sound notification (which used to work initially), no longer makes any sound when a new email comes in.
    (I checked my Sounds settings, and everything is appropriately checked...and tested the sound, which plays ok manually)

Probably some incompatibility with a program I have installed, but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this ...
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've noticed the notification sounds don't play when you have Messaging open to the foreground. If it is in the background it will still notify, but if the Messaging app is open it is set to not play the sounds. I personally prefer it that way so I can leave Messaging open and running to download my emails during the night, but not notify me and wake me up. Is Messaging open in the foreground when you have the problem?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Nope. I don't have Messaging open... only the Today screen in the foreground.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Anyone else have their Email notification Sound stop working? I tried changing settings, and I can't even get vibrate to work when an email comes in.
    Luckily, the other sounds work (especially incoming call)
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I had that problem with I was using the HP Messenger with Cingular and the HP 6315, those both were running WM 2003, I wonder if maybe its just a WM issue?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Are you using PhoneAlarm? I was having that problem with it, so I removed it and it has worked fine since.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    Are you using PhoneAlarm? I was having that problem with it, so I removed it and it has worked fine since.
    Nope, not using phonealarm.
    The problem is not really too much of a big deal, but now that I have SPB Backup (which works well), I may try a hard reset and restore to see if it fixes things.... but not sure if it will be worth the time to do this experiment...
    When using a particular sound file my text and email alerts never trigger. Try changing the sound your using for e-mail notification. I dont know why but this fixed my problem. (Well, not really, I hate the current sound)
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jickfoo
    When using a particular sound file my text and email alerts never trigger. Try changing the sound your using for e-mail notification. I dont know why but this fixed my problem. (Well, not really, I hate the current sound)
    Thanks, I have already tried to change the sound to something else, but still no sound notifications....maybe I'll try some other sounds...
    but even when I have vibrate option checked, all I get is the text bubble notification ... no sounds or vibration
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Problem fixed after Hard Reset (my 4th one so far) - I needed to reset due to Activesync lockup again (now I will only sync calendar and contacts... )
    Unfortunately, SPB Backup did not save the day - my restore files could not restore correctly and froze up during the restore....so spent 3 hrs reinstalling everything
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Well...email notification sounds again disappeared.
    (after working for a few days after Hard Reset)...weird.
    I'm also having this problem...any fixes yet?
    Plasmo
    Did you reinistall any of the software you were using before or just sync the contacts/tasks/notes? If so, what do you have installed? SPB Backup?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Plasmo
    Did you reinistall any of the software you were using before or just sync the contacts/tasks/notes? If so, what do you have installed? SPB Backup?
    My sound notifications initially worked AFTER I hard reset, and MANUALLY installed all the old apps back onto the Treo. The sound eventually stopped working after a day or two. I think it probably has to do with an application bug/incompatability...

After I Hard reset again (after Full Backup using Sprite), and this time did a Complete Restore using Sprite, I STILL had no sound notifications (remember, only for Email...all other sounds work I think).
    Yeah, Sprite will restore everything right back the way it was. What other apps are you using?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Here are the apps loaded:
    (maybe someone else who has same problem will find a pattern)
    Pocket Informant
    ADBWeather
    AvantGo
    Epocrates Essentials
    eWallet
    GSPlayer
    IMPlus
    Personal Vehicle Mgr
    Resco File Explorer (w/Today plugin)
    Resco Radio
    Resco Registry
    SiriuCE
    Sprite Backup
    Virtual Earth Mobile
    XCPUScalar
    Last edited by plasmo; 03/07/2006 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36

I've noticed the same thing after installing the trial version of PhoneAlarm. None of my alarms work. Vibrate with ringer switch on doesn't work either. Too bad, I like the profiles feature and digital battery and signal strength meters. Anyone know of a profiles app. that includes batt. and signal meters? I can get by with the phone's alarm system.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Is there a way to use an mp3 for the email nofication?
    i haven't had any success using and mp3 for email or txt messages yet...i have gotten it to work for a voicemail notification though - anyone have insight here?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    My New Email notification sounds worked for about a month after I received my new Treo (replacement) from Verizon (no changes in software)...then for no reason, the New Email Notification sound just stopped working (again). At first I thought it was a software bug/incompatibility, but now I have no clue because no changes were made on the Treo when it just stopped working.
    Perhaps it is something that is accumulating over time in the Windows directory (like the 0 MB Temp files bug)...
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast