Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue with no applications installed...
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have determined that my problem was related to my Bluetooth headset. I turned off my headset and my notifications are working again!
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jkoons
    I have determined that my problem was related to my Bluetooth headset. I turned off my headset and my notifications are working again!
    That's what I found also. If you look at the device profile for you headset, it's listed as a handsfree device and not a headset. I think the 700w mutes notifications when tethered to a handsfree device. Why aren't BT headsets profiled as a headset as they should be?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    That's what I found also. If you look at the device profile for you headset, it's listed as a handsfree device and not a headset. I think the 700w mutes notifications when tethered to a handsfree device. Why aren't BT headsets profiled as a headset as they should be?
    I have my Bluetoooth setting OFF (to save battery) when not using my BT earpiece, but my Email notification sounds still do not work.
    What setting in BT did you change to get your email notifications to work? Did you have to UNclick Hands-free checkbox or something? thx
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    I have my Bluetoooth setting OFF (to save battery) when not using my BT earpiece, but my Email notification sounds still do not work.
    What setting in BT did you change to get your email notifications to work? Did you have to UNclick Hands-free checkbox or something? thx
    Are you using a utility like Phone Alarm? I am and found that I need to use one of PA's alarms instead of a "system" alarm in order to have it work. If not, I'm not sure what to tell you. I haven't changed anything in my BT settings. Doing so to make it work would be a real PITA. I wish someone would find a hack that would allow notifications to come through the BT HS. They might if all BT headsets were recognized as a headset instead of a handsfree device.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Are you using a utility like Phone Alarm? I am and found that I need to use one of PA's alarms instead of a "system" alarm in order to have it work. If not, I'm not sure what to tell you. I haven't changed anything in my BT settings. Doing so to make it work would be a real PITA. I wish someone would find a hack that would allow notifications to come through the BT HS. They might if all BT headsets were recognized as a headset instead of a handsfree device.
    No I tried Phonealarm but really did not have a use for it...BUT if it makes the Email notification sound work, I may reinstall it.
    I actually heard from Smeg from this board say one time that PhoneAlarm makes the sound NOT work....
    Anyway, I'll give it a try. What did you do with the PhoneAlarm sound? Do you actually need to have PhoneAlarm running in the background/installed, or did you just import one of PhoneAlarm's sounds into the Windows Sound directory? THANKS
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I have PA running since I use it to control my profiles. If there is a profile only manager that doesn't care about alarms, I'd like to try it.
    I am glad I stumbled on this thread. I too have had the exact same behavior. Worked great for a week when I first got the phone, then stopped. I did try and set my own custom MP3 as a notification, that NEVER worked no matter what I did.

Then I set everything back to default. I would get about 20% success with email notification, 80% silence. No sound, nor vibrate (if I had it set to vibrate).

So today, for the hell of it, I decided to do a hard reset. Worked on the very first email, and perhaps a few other times today. I've probably received a total of 20-30 emails so far but can only recall being notified about 5-7 times total.

I have NO other software. I have never installed 3rd party apps of any sort. I do not have a bluetooth headset, nor bluetooth turned on.

In some testing, I've found that if I have the "messaging" window up, I will absolutely positively not be notified (this was mentioned on the first page of this thread). However, this is still hit or miss. If I have the Today screen up, I will still get times where I get an email and my Treo sits silent.

So aggrivating - and the fact that it appears customizing the sounds in ANY way shape or form renders it completely useless. I've resigned to calling this thing a piece of crap over these ridiculous little problems that are not "make or break" but when combined together, it adds up to terrible programming and overall design.

Just my .02
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts

Well, I reinstalled PhoneAlarm.
    Using one of their Email Notification alarms, I now get sound working again, but I see that only PA sounds can be used...
    But I don't like how it uses up memory, and it seems to ONLY work if I have it activated on the Today screen.

Does anyone know how to "import" .wav files into PA? Just put them in the PA folder?

Not sure how long I will use PA, since it uses up a bit of precious memory...we will see.
    Well, I reinstalled PhoneAlarm.
    Using one of their Email Notification alarms, I now get sound working again, but I see that only PA sounds can be used...
    But I don't like how it uses up memory, and it seems to ONLY work if I have it activated on the Today screen.

Does anyone know how to "import" .wav files into PA? Just put them in the PA folder?
    Not sure how long I will use PA, since it uses up a bit of precious memory...we will see.

I use the Windows2k notify.wav for my email announcement. I dumped into the Windows folder on my device. If you look at this folder, you'll see all of PA's alarms. PA only consumes 158.5kb of program storage. If you run Oxios' Hibernate, it will free up any RAM memory. I haven't had a problem since implementing this trick. There's a thread on this and it works great.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I use the Windows2k notify.wav for my email announcement. I dumped into the Windows folder on my device. If you look at this folder, you'll see all of PA's alarms. PA only consumes 158.5kb of program storage. If you run Oxios' Hibernate, it will free up any RAM memory. I haven't had a problem since implementing this trick. There's a thread on this and it works great.
    Thanks. This worked, and the Windows2k_notify.wav file is a good sound for email notifications.

Question for PhoneAlarm to anyone know may know:
    Now that Email Notification sound works (using PA), it makes a sound when Email #1 comes in. If I don't read that new email, and Email #2, #3, and #4 etc come in, they don't trigger any sounds (until I clear the alarm by reading Email #1). Can this be changed so that ALL new emails that come in make sounds?

thx
    Thanks. This worked, and the Windows2k_notify.wav file is a good sound for email notifications.

Question for PhoneAlarm to anyone know may know:
    Now that Email Notification sound works (using PA), it makes a sound when Email #1 comes in. If I don't read that new email, and Email #2, #3, and #4 etc come in, they don't trigger any sounds (until I clear the alarm by reading Email #1). Can this be changed so that ALL new emails that come in make sounds?

thx
    Hmmm,,,,I just tested mine and it made sounds for each incoming mail. I'll check my settings and post them.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Mine for some reason seems to only half work. It will catch the tail end of the notification so it sounds like it's being cut off.
    I have a Treo 750v that behaves the same. However I realised that this can be resolved by ticking all three tick boxes in Sounds & Notifications screen.
    You need to tick a)Events(warnings, system events)
    b)Programs
    C)Notifications(alarms,reminders)

Good Luck
    I realize this is an old thread, but this just started happening to me.

I have the beta Windows Live app with pushmail through live mail. It was working fine then it quit. I didn't have PhoneAlarm installed, but I installed it and phonealarm will alert me of new emails.

Text alerts still work, but nothing happens when I get a new email (no led, no noise, no icons).

I uninstalled phonealarm and same thing. I don't really like phonealarm because I've had problems with it in the past. I've had to soft reset my phone a couple times in the last few days with phonealarm installed, whereas it was working fine with no soft resets before. everything is checked just how it always has been. any ideas?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12