Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am a former Blackberry user and was able to restrict my identity when making calls. The person I called would see "Private Caller". I cannot figure ot how to so this on the 700.

This is imoortant to me as I do not want my customers calling me back or knowing my number.

Any ideas?
    While we are at it, I'd like to know the opposite as this is how my home and office phone service is set up. If someone calls me and blocks their identity, I want the call blocked such that people are unable to contact my private lines without identifying themselves. Unlike the OP, I am using a 650 but was hesitant to duplicate this post with the flip side of the same question.

And while we are at it, anyone know if cell phone numbers can be placed on the federal "no call" lists ?
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketdoc
    I am a former Blackberry user and was able to restrict my identity when making calls. The person I called would see "Private Caller". I cannot figure ot how to so this on the 700.

This is important to me as I do not want my customers calling me back or knowing my number.
    Call Blocking is a function of the carrier, not of the phone. Talk to VZW Customer Support.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    And while we are at it, anyone know if cell phone numbers can be placed on the federal "no call" lists ?
    Yes, they can, I've done it with my cell phones, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$'$re$ $not$ $supposed$ $to$ $be$ $getting$ $telemarketing$ $calls$ $on$ $your$ $cell$ $line$ $anyhow$.
    I'm back!
    doesn't *67 work?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I heard that if you do *67 or block caller identitiy on your Verizon phone, you won't get benefits of free Verizon-to-Verizon IN calling (if you are calling someone who has Verizon service).