Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I picked up a USB cradle on Ebay that charges from USB, syncs, and better yet, has a 3.5mm audio out so I plug in my PC's speakers. Sounds great when streaming or playing my MP3's! It even has a built in mic so it makes one hell of a good speakerphone while it sits on my desk. Best $23 bucks I spent on my 700W. Do a search for "USB Sync Charger Music Dock Cradle Palm Treo 650 700w" on eBay. There are a few sellers that have this item (some guy from Hong Kong now has them for about $15).

    Neil
  2. #2  
    Looks cool. Thanks for the tip.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

    BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

    A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    I picked up a USB cradle on Ebay that charges from USB, syncs, and better yet, has a 3.5mm audio out so I plug in my PC's speakers. Sounds great when streaming or playing my MP3's! It even has a built in mic so it makes one hell of a good speakerphone while it sits on my desk. Best $23 bucks I spent on my 700W. Do a search for "USB Sync Charger Music Dock Cradle Palm Treo 650 700w" on eBay. There are a few sellers that have this item (some guy from Hong Kong now has them for about $15).

    Neil

    Neil,

    I bought the same unit. In fact I bought two! I really like them.

    They are made by JP's of Hong Kong. The model number is listed as "TREO 650 DOCK", but that will probably not find you anything in a search. Instead I'd recommend searching on "JP's" "Hong Kong" "Treo 650"

    I keep one on my desk and playback mp3's into a small stereo/boombox. When the phone rings I hear the caller through the stereo and am able to speak to them through the built in mic. By the way, the mic works so well that most people don't even know they are on a "speaker phone".

    As you mentioned, it charges of the USB port. They can be purchased from a few internet store or, I purchased mine for $21.49 including shipping, on eBay. It's a good little unit.

    Tom
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau
    Neil,

    I bought the same unit. In fact I bought two! I really like them.

    Tom
    Tom,
    I was suprised how well it is made (I am sorry I wasted $40 on the original Palm cradle). It really fits the Treo like a glove. I am still amazed at how much it improves the ability to use the Treo as a speakerphone. The subtle blue charging light is another nice touch.

    Neil
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    Tom,
    I was suprised how well it is made (I am sorry I wasted $40 on the original Palm cradle). It really fits the Treo like a glove. I am still amazed at how much it improves the ability to use the Treo as a speakerphone. The subtle blue charging light is another nice touch.

    Neil
    Neil,

    I do have one question for you.

    This may be totally unrelated the the JP cradle, but I have noticed that the headphone jack on my 700W does not connect well when I plug in "ear buds" using a 2.5 to 3.5mm adaptor. With just a slight movement, the audio drops in and out. Audio seem to be fine through the cradle however. Have you experianced any problems liek this?

    Tom
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau
    Neil,

    I do have one question for you.

    This may be totally unrelated the the JP cradle, but I have noticed that the headphone jack on my 700W does not connect well when I plug in "ear buds" using a 2.5 to 3.5mm adaptor. With just a slight movement, the audio drops in and out. Audio seem to be fine through the cradle however. Have you experianced any problems liek this?

    Tom
    I have been lucky so far. I do have to make sure my adapter (I have the retractable Seidio 2in1 with the built in mic) is in all the way. I sometimes forget to push the plug in all the way and only get one channel but that has been the only problem. You really have to push the connecter in good.

    Neil

Posting Permissions