1.    #1  
    We've all noticed how ActiveSync takes progressively longer and longer in the "looking for changes" phase with successive syncs. We've also noticed that a hard reset brings this back to a fast sync. As others have recommended, I used Sprite Backup and did a hard reset and restore. Worked fine and my sync is fast now - for now. Does anyone know what it is that the hard reset actually does that gives us our quick sync back? Is there a particular cache file that gets larger and larger that a hard reset deletes and starts over? If we could figure that out, maybe we'd discover a faster and easier way to keep our syncs fast than doing a hard reset and restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd
    We've all noticed how ActiveSync takes progressively longer and longer in the "looking for changes" phase with successive syncs. We've also noticed that a hard reset brings this back to a fast sync. As others have recommended, I used Sprite Backup and did a hard reset and restore. Worked fine and my sync is fast now - for now. Does anyone know what it is that the hard reset actually does that gives us our quick sync back? Is there a particular cache file that gets larger and larger that a hard reset deletes and starts over? If we could figure that out, maybe we'd discover a faster and easier way to keep our syncs fast than doing a hard reset and restore.
    I have experienced the same exact problem and from what I've been reading online, it looks like alot of other people are too. I don't know of any fix other than hard reset. Also, in my experience, the day comes after multiple increasingly long syncs that it just won't complete at all. Anyway, I've been talking to Palm treo 700 support (this stuff is way over verizon tech supports heads in my opinion). Palm has told me that they are getting larger numbers of calls about this. At their request I sent them copies of several log files from activesync for them to look at. They also confirm the memory leak issue with activesync (but unsure if related to the long/failed sync issue) and imply that ultimately firmware revision may be indicated, but no timeline set. Also mentioned firmware update that is already in the works (MSFP package I think) but they didn't know whether this problem would be addressed or not. Has sprite been user friendly in rebuild process after hard reset? Palm confirmed on phone that they will be providing free once they get some kind of treo 700 optimized version that supposedly is on the way (of course if WM5/activesync is the model for the "palm version" of sprite, that propbably means that they will thoroughly "fix" the program which wasn't broken in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychdoc
    Has sprite been user friendly in rebuild process after hard reset?
    Yes. After a complete restore, all is well again thus confirming that the problem is not user or 3rd party software related.