1.    #1  
    I threw this up in the "One step forward" thread, but got no replies. Can anyone help me out?

Ok, I'm willing to become a convert, but I have some reservations. I bought the 700w when it came out, worked with it for 2 weeks and returned it before my 15 day VZW trial period expired. Here are the 4 reasons I returned it:

1. Poor one-handed implementation. I tried the native Pocket Outlook, Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant. All of them required frequent stylus use unlike my Agendus PIM that I use stylus-less with the 650.

2. The email client is missing the ability to bcc each sent message automatically, through a setting. Also, signature composition is weak.

3. You can only sync with 2 computers. I sync my 650 to 3 different boxes (home, office, laptop).

4. I hate that WM adjusts the time of appts in the PIM based on the time zone you are in. I think someone has posted the proper way to handle this, so this is probably a non-issue.

For those of you who have played with the 700 for a while, am I off somewhere or are my points valid?
    Are you looking for validation on a decision you already made? Seems insecure somehow. There's a reason no one answered this post the first time.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...sounds like time for a happy pill, pal. No insecurity at all. I'd very much like to take advantage of those things that the 700 offers, ie, EVDO, mutli-tasking, and the ability to catch email without my calls all going to VM. Hopefully, I didn't keep it long enough to figure out all the answers and maybe someone out here can explain to me that my decision was hasty. Now, go spit up the furball and learn some civility.
    1. Poor one-handed implementation. I tried the native Pocket Outlook, Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant. All of them required frequent stylus use unlike my Agendus PIM that I use stylus-less with the 650.

2. The email client is missing the ability to bcc each sent message automatically, through a setting. Also, signature composition is weak.

3. You can only sync with 2 computers. I sync my 650 to 3 different boxes (home, office, laptop).

4. I hate that WM adjusts the time of appts in the PIM based on the time zone you are in. I think someone has posted the proper way to handle this, so this is probably a non-issue.
    Jeff, I trust you won't find this reply as offensive as the previous poster. Let's look at the issues one by one:

1. The Treo is one of the first WM5, square screen PPCs out, and it stresses one-hand-use. Give the various PPC software vendors a few more weeks; they're all working on their WM5 versions.

2. True, no auto bcc. As for "weak" signature composition, define your requirements more clearly and we can discuss them. Most people who want really fancy signatures (fonts, pictures, etc.) create them on their PC as a file, then ActiveSync the file and cut/paste them in. After all, this is a Pocket PC!

3. Synching to more than 2 boxes can be achieved with several commercial packages. However, I do the same, but I synch my PPC to my laptop and synch my laptop to my office PC; that prevents more conflicts than doing my PPC to everywhere.

4. Yes, this is one of the features that MS has mandated. I've written elsewhere how to handle it; unfortunately, no one has come up with a TimeZone program like the POS version to work any differently. Either learn to live with Outlook's rules, or you might try the second time zone display in PC Outlook as an easy way to ensure your appointments are always correct for your destination.

Comments?