1.    #1  
    just found this and noticed before that members were looking for a voice recorder for their treos.....not sure if this is what you need but just trying to help
    recorder
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Looks like a cool program, but kind of weary about Privacy issues using their program, and all the data that the program collects from you...Read their Privacy section...
  3.    #3  
    i havent used yet....just throwing it out there in case anyone is interested
    Take a look at this thread and my post.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=65066
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Thanks. Yes, these two programs look very useful,... but still weary about their Privacy Disclaimer - check it out:

http://www.1800message.com/privacy.aspx
    I've been using it on and off and haven't been impressed. It was a little confusing to navigate to a point where you could actually listen to the recorded call. Once I figured that out, I was less than impressed with the sound quality. Rather than picking up the actual sound from the speaker, it sounds as if it picks up the ambient noise...very hollow.

Relative to privacy, I think use of the program would be illegal in the U.S. I believe a phone conversation must at least have an audible tone/beep that is played reguarly throughout the conversation to indicate the call is being recorded. The recordings I made didn't appear to have that tone nor did I see an option for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Calhoun
    Relative to privacy, I think use of the program would be illegal in the U.S. I believe a phone conversation must at least have an audible tone/beep that is played reguarly throughout the conversation to indicate the call is being recorded. The recordings I made didn't appear to have that tone nor did I see an option for it.
    For person to person without a government entity involved, it's a state issue and very few states require both parties be aware that the call is being recorded. In most states just one (like the recorder) is all that is neccessary. I've never heard of a consistant tone or beep as a requirement in any state.