1.    #1  
    Is there a way to reallocate memory from storage to programs? My 700 often runs out of program memory. I know that I was able to do this on my iPAQ 3970. Thanks!
    no
    The memory / filesystem model changed with Windows Mobile 5. It used to be that RAM was split between file system and program memory. This had the advantage of an extremely fast file system. The big down side to this model is that when you lose your charge you lost all of your data. The new "persistent store" model uses flash RAM as a filesystem much like a disk. Really, the file system and system memory are much more like the desktop PC model of disk and ram.
  4.    #4  
    Are there any other modifications I can make to the device to make it perform better?? I'm pulling the battery on this thing once a day!
    Quote Originally Posted by breedja
    Are there any other modifications I can make to the device to make it perform better?? I'm pulling the battery on this thing once a day!
    No need to yank the battery. Use one of the free software soft reset programs. Keep your Today screen plugins to a minimum and what helped for me was turning off voice commander (it was fun playing with the first week but I haven't really been using it and it is a memory hog). I also have a bad habit of installing aomost every program I run into. I finally got to a point where I did a hard reset (made sure all my contacts were synched to my desktop), just installed what I really needed and I have not run into any further memory problems.

Hope some of this helps.

Neil
    Last edited by shrink57; 02/22/2006 at 03:22 PM.