1.    #1  
    Hello everyone.

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and need help.

I am debating between the 650 and the 700. I have been a Palm OS user for 5 years. I haven't had the privilege of using Windows, so I haven't complained about the one-application-at-a-time limitation. I am nowhere a power user, in fact, just a novice. I need a phone/PDA because I am in the medical field currently using about 60gb of medical references in my Clie 650. I don't do voicemail or surf the net or instant messaging. However, I would like to use it for the GPS function.

I was thinking of getting the 650 until a friend said that the palm OS is too slow to handle GPS. Would the 700 be better suited? And would it be a difficult adjustment to switch from POS to WM? I HAVE to stay with verizon, and I like the form factor, so please don't tell me to get the "700p from xyz carrier." Thank you for your advice.
    all i can say is this......GET THE 700w!!!!......best phone ive ever had and the moile 5.0 is MUCH better than palm OS in my opinion.......also the one application at a time thing isnt true......you can use all apps at once if your memory can handle it.....one thing ill tell ya is this.......get a copy of SPB Pocket Plus.....ive used this for over a year now......use it on my hp ipaq2795 and now the treo which i purchased a few days ago.....you cant go wrong with pocket plus!.......you can have everything on your today screen in any order and youll be a happy camper with that.......and gps works very well with mobile 5.0......and i too use verizon......one thing...get yourself a wifi sd card or youll be charged an arm and a leg for the verizon service
    Look at that hp smartphone with built in gps. Don't know what its called but cingular has it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyo1234
    Look at that hp smartphone with built in gps. Don't know what its called but cingular has it.
    he stated he has verizon and cant switch to another carrier
  5.    #5  
    yoyo1234

That's funny. I asked not to recommend any other phone from any other carrier.

Any way, I don't mind if I have to buy a separate GPS antenna and third party GPS, eg Tom tom.. My concern stemmed from that fact that my friend said POS was too slow for GPS processing. Not that I needed built-in GPS. Thank you for your help.
    Wait 2 to 3 months for Verizon to get the 700p and then you can choose between the 700W and 700P.

700P will have "more" memory and a better screen than the 700W and your existing Palm apps can go forward to the new device.

(WARNING -- I'm a dyed in the wool Palm OS guy.)

Cheers, Perry.
    I'm thrilled to pieces with my 700w and I used a Palm device for 8 years. However, I agree with Perry that you should wait for the 700p and see if it works well for your GPS requirements.

If it doesn't, use your 15 day option and get the 700w which works great.
    Just for the record, I have a 650 running TomTom without any problems. I just felt that someone had to defend the honor of the Palm OS and its GPS capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Wait 2 to 3 months for Verizon to get the 700p and then you can choose between the 700W and 700P.
    I thought I read where Sprint gets the 6-month exclusive on the 700p like Verizon did with the 700w. Has that been clarified?
    That is one major theory. The other -- is that they both will get the 700P at the same time.

Ask me in May -- and I will tell which theory was true.

Cheers, Perry
    Does anybody know when the 700p will hit the market!!