1.    #1  
    I've read a bevvy of posts on here regarding push email on Exchange servers. Some suggest that if you have Exchange 2003 SP2, you are ready to tie your corporate email in with your new Treo 700w. Other posts seem to imply that there is still "one more thing" needed before true push email from Exchange 2003 can be achieved.

Are we really there yet in terms of true push mail from Exchange? Who are we waiting for? Microsoft? Palm?

I'm going to be a guinea pig here at work but I want to have all my fact straight before I launch into a project with our somewhat slow IT dept.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I don't think that a ROM with MSFP has been released for any phone, including the Treo 700w. What you will need from your IT department is the correct SSL certificate on your phone and port 443 open to the front end server, or properly configured single server. If you have tha then you can use SMS triggered email retrieval that takes anywhere fro 30 seconds to 3 minutes from the time it hits the server until it reaches your phone as well as manually sync'ing.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. Kinda seems like I should just stick to VZW's wirelesssync bridge between our exchange server and my phone. It's actually working quite well. Messages I get at work are almost immediately sent to my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalM
    I don't think that a ROM with MSFP has been released for any phone, including the Treo 700w. What you will need from your IT department is the correct SSL certificate on your phone and port 443 open to the front end server, or properly configured single server. If you have tha then you can use SMS triggered email retrieval that takes anywhere fro 30 seconds to 3 minutes from the time it hits the server until it reaches your phone as well as manually sync'ing.
    Are you charged for a text message everytime this kicks off?
    yes you are charged for a text message, but you can call verizon and ask them to add the PDA SMS 2000 Allowance option to your plan. It basically gives you 2000 free text messages for exchange/wireless sync triggering. i've been told that any text message you send or receive to/from another person will be deducted from your regular text messaging allowance.
  6.    #6  
    Is SMS-triggered email really any better than setting up Wirelesssync? Wirelesssync seems to be synced nearly real-time and you don't run into any issues with text messages being sent. Only downfall with wirelesssync that I can see so far is that I have to leave my machine logged in all the time.