1.    #1  
    Anyone get the following hack to work?

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...t=54951&page=8
    I think this link will make it more clear to people.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=54951

This is exactly what i am looking for to make the 700w the ultimate Ipod Killer. Combine this with your home mp3 collection, easynews, or even one of the legitimate mp3 streaming solutions for "every song ever written, on demand, always".
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    anyone try this? i would BUT MY ACTIVESYNC DOESNT WORK...
  4.    #4  
    i tried it (downloaded the files). i run them which turns on my bluetooth headset and i can hear it as on (sound is on), but the sound from the treo does not redirect to the headset....so it does not work but it feels like it ALMOST does. I am wondering if one of the local techies on these boards can figure it out....
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I couldnt try this because my activesync was borked. Luckily, I have a bt dongle which I had no idea I had--too bad activesync via bt was a huge pain in the *** to set up (not that it had many steps-its just you had to know exactly what you were doing in each one, so if you fudged up, you had to try several permutations to figure out what was up).

Good thing I found a post on bt sync in the wm syncronization subforum that had exactly the information I was after. After syncing up and transfering the program, it failed, although, like callinectes stated, it's obviously 'trying' to work: sound is still heard on the treo itself, but when the program is on, there is a faint buzzing/crackling.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    It certainly does turn the headset on and off, but no audio is directed there. I'd love to hear about it if anyone has luck with it. It would make my books on tape much easier to listen to in the car.
  7.    #7  
    Since this works on WM5 phones with "MS BT Stack" (i have no idea what that is or if the treo 700 has it), it seems like it might be possible if one of the techies looks into it. We need to keep this thread fresh so they will notice it....PLEASE