1.    #1  
    I have my Treo 700 setup to sync with our Exchange server. The problem is that if I delete email on the phone (to save on storage) then it deletes it on all computers using that Exchange account. I need to be able to delete it off the phone but not from the Exchange server.

Anyone have experience with this?
    yep, that's how it works. I don't believe you can change that (at least I haven't found a way yet)...
  3.    #3  
    I understand the plus to having all systems synced with the Exchange server but why would you need, or want, every email on your phone? Besides with the amout of email I get I could never store it all on the phone.
    I don't know of a way. I would recommend limiting your Palm to store only "X" number of days of email in order to reduce your storage.

Eric
    From my point of view you are asking the wrong question. The behavior you bemoan is exactly what PUSH email and FULL Exchange syncronization is all about. Delete it off the Phone and it deletes everywhere! Yes!!!!

If you want to see every email on the phone but want the ability to delete them etc without affecting the same messages on the server or your desktop you might try going back to a NON syncronised set-up. ie: pull your email down with a simple email client (POP3 or IMAP.. assumes you can get it that way off your server) and leave a copy of the message on the server. This is the basic functionality we all had with the treo 650 and versamail or snappermail clients.

Good Luck
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecostello
    I don't know of a way. I would recommend limiting your Palm to store only "X" number of days of email in order to reduce your storage.

Eric

i actually left it the default "3 day" setting, but once the messages are downloaded to the phone they stay there. i have messages over a week old.

again i realize the plus to having everything synced with exchange but often i get numerous and large emails that just take up to much room, and once you delete them to make room, they get deleted from all your devices.