Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hello,
    Has anyone tried using the "inMotion iMT1" on a Treo 700w? On Altec Lansing web site, it says for the 650 only. I had heard you and download some software to make it work on a Treo 700w. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is Altec Lansing URL,

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_...s.asp?pID=IMT1
    Thanks,

plucas
    Last month at the Consumer Electronics Show, Altec Lansing's marketing Rep told me the same thing- that there will be a software download to make the IMT1 work with the Treo 700w. So I bought two IMT1's. After receiving them, I called Altec Lansing's technical support department, who said they knew nothing about it! They said I should contact Palm. My e-mail to Palm was answered with a statement that Palm does not discuss future firmware updates. So I am stuck for the time being with two of these wonderful units, which do work beautifully as stand-up battery chargers, but even better as a desktop speakerphone and MP3 stereo. Altec Lansing needs to get this issue handled so we can all enjoy this great product.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I would LOVE to purchase one of these but it says that it is compatible with Sprint & Verizon customers only. Even though they show an unlocked GSM phone in the photo. Palmstore is offering 20% off - $143.99
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    I would LOVE to purchase one of these but it says that it is compatible with Sprint & Verizon customers only. Even though they show an unlocked GSM phone in the photo. Palmstore is offering 20% off - $143.99
    See Jay Gross' extensive review on TC's front page posted this date. The inMotion is fully compatible with CDMA 650s only. Ask Altec why they couldn't engineer around the GSM models' radios' periodic burping. They'll probably tell you the same thing they told Jay. "Because that's how we designed it." The system WILL work with a GSM Treo as long as you keep its radio turned off, and use it only as a music speaker system / sync cradle / charging station, but which makes it close to useless as a speaker phone with GSM 650s. Strange but true.

It's hard to believe that this is the same company who made high end home HiFi gear, and those monsterous Voice of the Theatre speakers that used to be behind the screens of almost every movie house in the country.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    According to Altec Lansing's press relations dept, to whom I put these questions, the incompatibility problem with 700w's will be repaired by an impending update from Palm, not Altec Lansing. They acknowledge no impending new hardware versions, but that doesn't mean there won't be any.

The Palm 700w update in today's news (www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/800-1.htm) is not the one they expect. According to their spokesperson, Palm as assured them the troubles will be addressed, but hasn't given them a date to expect the fix.

So, until then, the iMT1 works on CDMA Treo 650's only, like it says on the box.

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro
    I'm delighted to report that my iMT1 works fine with my new Sprint Treo 700p. That's P, not W.

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro
    I've spoken with Altec and they claim that the unit won't function with the 700w until palm issues a firmware update, which they anticipate to be sometime this summer. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get Palm to confirm.
    It has an issue with my 700p
    It will sound great the first time you hook it up but once u remove 700p from the cradle the sudio will not return to the treo's built in speakers or microphone untill I perform a soft reset
    I had that problem too, but what you need to do is to stop the music and turn off the Treo. Then turn off the sound dock and remove the Treo from the dock. Wait a minute and turn on the Treo again and it should be fine.

Now the problem that I'm having is that I when I use dock station as a speakerphone the other person hears an echo of their voice. I think the microphone is not getting disable while on the docking station. Has anybody figure this out on the Treo 700p?

Thanks,

Al
    I checked this again, and my Treo 700p still works as intended on the Altec dock. The only trouble I've had is with it getting confused once about whether it had a headphone attached (and cut out all external sound as a result).

After stewing about it still being under warranty, I fixed this simply by connecting a headphone and then removing it. It's only done it that one, and it wasn't after being on the Altec. It just did it, uninvited.

My 700p lives on the iMT1 dock when I'm not talking on it or carrying it with me. It plays music and charges, and when I remove it from the dock it works fine (knocking wood, just in case). I currently don't hot sync it there, as I have to reconfigure the USB after changing the hub, and haven't had time to do that yet. Easy enough to pop it onto my other dock to hotync.

Your mileage apparently varies, but try plugging in an earphone and see if that de-confuses the Treo or heals the trouble.

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Here is a good review and I believe it shows the issue that I'm reporting:
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...ditors_ch.html

Al