1.    #1  
    can you put aol instant messenger on treo 700w without having to pay for it
    can someone pleaz help this will decide on whether I buy the phone
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Well, Agile (if you can find an old free version) can do AIM and you don't have to pay for it (other than data charges). I haven't tried the actual AOL client, but it can be found free on the AOL UK website.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  3.    #3  
    if you use agile messenger is the free version compatible witht windows mobile 5 platform and if you take the one of the uk website it would work on the treo 700w
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm using the old free version of Agile and it works fine. Don't know about the one on the AOL UK website, but it would be less likely to work than Agile.
  5.    #5  
    what is the link for the agile messenger and are you using a treo 700w and can you tell me how to install it on the treo exactly
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    www.agilemobile.com. But the version they have on their site is the newer pay version. I don't know where you can get the old free version. Yes, I'm using a 700w, look at my sig. You run the installer from your computer while connected via Activesync and follow the directions, same as any Pocket PC software.
    I isntalled AOL AIM from the AOL UK website with no problems. It works perfectly and was free. I'm sure Ahile meesenger works just as well, I just had no real use for the other messenger services, just AIM.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    is IM+ better than agile messenger?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I installed AIM from the AOL UK Site, but it won't let me put my screen name in. When I click on Buddy List, it tells me that I haven't selected a screen name. I know this, but can't seem to do anything about it. any ideas?
    yeah, i dont know if this thread is still read up on anymore but i'll post anyways.

you can go to the aim box and click on the arrow near the left top corner. click on instant message. then type in a random sn and try to send something. it will prompt you to enter in a sn and password. there ya go!