Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm trying to access my home PC right now using www.logmein.com to log in. I've read elsewhere that it works with the 700w. Can anyone confirm they have the client software installed and working on their 700w? I go to the site, log in, choose my PC, enter the access code, and choose the remote control option. It them prompts me to install the software, which I have. It continues through the loop of asking me to install the software and click the link once I have. I click the kink, and it asks me to install the software. Any tips, suggestions, help, etc?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    it works fine with my 700w.
    make sure you allow your firewall access when first attempting access.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The software on my PC is the same settings and all that's worked with my last couple Pocket PCs. The only variable is the 700w. LogMeIn isn't recognizing the client software as being installed for some reason. Did you do anything special when installing it? I installed it to the Device.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    After I installed it on my PC (as the server), I just logged into www.logmein.com with the 700w, and just "logged in", and everything worked from there on-
    I don't recall installing anything specific onto the treo.
    -make sure you have not much else running, as it may use a lot of memory. (try a soft reset prior to running)
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    There is a cab file that is downloaded and installed to your device (700w in this case) the very first time you log in. If you go to the Remove Programs list on your 700w you should see 3am labs Remote Control. That is the LogMeIn software. And it still isn't working on my 700w no matter what I do.
    It works fine on my 700w as well. I always install to the device and not to Storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    -make sure you have not much else running, as it may use a lot of memory. (try a soft reset prior to running)
    This is key, IMO. Even on my XV6600, I would disable some add-ons like Wisbar and reset to get Logmein to work. It takes a lot of memory.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Thanks, I got it working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the LogMeIn software on my PC and it's working now. I think I had an older version that wasn't updating for some reason.
    Another trick that worked somtimes on the xv6600 was to clear the PIE memory in the options area. Logmein works great on my Treo 700w but somtimes I have to do a soft reset to get back some memory so screen scaling can work properly.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    For some reason I can't get into Logmein anymore using my Treo. I keep getting asked to re-download RaCTRL.exe file...and never gets past this...anyone know what is wrong? thx.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    For some reason I can't get into Logmein anymore using my Treo. I keep getting asked to re-download RaCTRL.exe file...and never gets past this...anyone know what is wrong? thx.
    Same issue here. I even removed it and reinstalled it.

There was a thread about it in the Logmein.com forums, but still no answer.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Any 700w users out there abe to log into Logmein? I tried tweking PIE to make it appear as IE6 which sorta gets further into the login process, but still doesn't work. This is terrible, especially when I need to remotely control my home computer now.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Yes. This is bad. I depend on Logmein to restart VPN for email push.

ETA: I did notice the message on one of my computers that there is a new version for the desktop so I upgraded. That didn't help. I opened up a trouble ticket with Logmein.
    Last edited by Beryl; 06/10/2006 at 07:04 PM.
    I use logmein all the time too and now it's not working on my 700w either. It keeps cycling through the routine to install the plugin.
    I suggest we all post to the forum and if you can, open up a trouble ticket. I find the company responsive but if they see the number of people who are affected and verbal about it, I think they will make this a priority.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    yay it works now
    Looks like they fixed it.
    Last edited by plasmo; 06/12/2006 at 04:25 PM.
    Yep. All is well again.