Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    Dear All,

    We noticed several complaints about MemMaid causing Microsoft Voice Command to stop working.
    We're currently working no a fix for this.
    In the mean time, you can continue using MemMaid, just avoid using the registry cleaner module (you can disable it by unchecking this item in the list).

    Sorry for the inconvenience and an update is going to be available soon.

    DinarSoft
  2. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #2  
    Thanks for the update. I had that happen the first time I ran MemMaid, and ended up hard resettinf to fix it. I look forward to the updated product. Is it also going to be optimised for the square screen as well?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  3. #3  
    Complaining about Memmaid might get Dinarsoft off of their hindparts to update their products. Many of us have emailed and received promising email. Some folks have complained about square screen support even before the 700w was released. Dinarsoft talks a good game but we aren't seeing any results.
  4. #4  
    I look forward to the update and the implemenatation of 240x240 for all of the apps. I have used DinarSoft apps since the I700 and they were awesome, but I do agree the lag in delivering on promises is disappointing.
  5.    #5  
    The square screen support for our products is going on well.
    TapText being the first, it will be released this week.
    Not just with square screen support but with other features and updates.
  6. #6  
    I dont know anything about pdas, but in the windows wolrd, its my experience that anybody who is using an app called "registry cleaner" is asking for trouble. The problem is not with memmaid, but with a user trying to "clean" his registry. Not a smart move in my humble opinion.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I dont know anything about pdas, but in the windows wolrd, its my experience that anybody who is using an app called "registry cleaner" is asking for trouble. The problem is not with memmaid, but with a user trying to "clean" his registry. Not a smart move in my humble opinion.
    Not always true. In fact, registry cleaning sometimes is necessary to resolve issues or remove orphaned entries and maintain performance. One of the things that the cleaner does is look for the files/controls referenced in the registry. If they don't exist, they are orphaned.

    My staff and I have run registry cleaners on thousands of PCs with no problems.

    What is your basis for making the statement "the problem is not with memmaid"? Is it conjecture or research and proof?

    While there may be issues with the Treo's VC-related registry entries that caused memmaid to remove/alter legitimate keys/values, they do not validate your assertions.

    I bought memmaid and it hosed my VC, requiring a hard reset. I asked Handango for a refund, having explained the problem. They indicated that the "developer" will contact me for support. No one contacted me. Got my money back and went to SK Tools.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

    BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

    A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    The problem is not with memmaid, but with a user trying to "clean" his registry. Not a smart move in my humble opinion.
    The problem lies in the windows registry itself and it needing to be cleaned. MS Uninstall procedures and the requirements they place on vendors results in lost tidbits every time a program is installed.

    To my mind the OS should track every file that gets installed, every registry change that gets made and every file that gets modified or replaced with an indicator as to where it put the old one and place this in a log file. This would allow users to manually remove what windows uninstall leaves behind.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DinarSoft
    The square screen support for our products is going on well.
    TapText being the first, it will be released this week.
    Not just with square screen support but with other features and updates.
    It has been a week - any progress?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    It has been a week - any progress?
    As promised, Toptext is now square screen compatible.
    New in Toptext 1.2
    - Import/Export your menu for backup, or profile switching
    - larger text buffers
    - Improved (tab) handling
    - Square screen detection, (the program adjusts itself to those devices).

    The official release will be tomorrow, and will be labeled 1.3
    Attached is a pre-release copy until it gets uploaded on HandAnGo & PocketGear servers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DinarSoft; 02/27/2006 at 12:59 AM.
  11.    #11  
    TapText 1.3 has been officially released
  12. #12  
    Taptext works. The added "file" option on the soft key is a good touch for WM5 users. Good job.

    Which program will be updated next? I registered all of them and now can use Taptext well. If I can figure out how to use WM5NewMenu with the Handys, I'd start using them again. As they are today, you must use a stylus.
  13. #13  
    <moved>

    Great to see DinarSoft update their apps for the Treo 700w!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Taptext works. The added "file" option on the soft key is a good touch for WM5 users. Good job.

    Which program will be updated next? I registered all of them and now can use Taptext well. If I can figure out how to use WM5NewMenu with the Handys, I'd start using them again. As they are today, you must use a stylus.
    Hi Beryl,

    HandyMenu is next.
    Can you give us more information about what you mean by : "If I can figure out how to use WM5NewMenu with the Handys" ?

    Thanks
    DinarSoft
  15. #15  
    Sorry for the delay.

    I'm using the freeware "WM5NewMenu" to add "New" to the WM today screen. That allows me to use a soft key to create new items. I'd like to add Handymenu/launcher/switcher as one of the "New" options so that I can use a soft key to access those programs in the list of "New" items available. The only option I have today is to use 3-4 of the 7 menu items from the start menu with the Handys or use a stylus.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Sorry for the delay.

    I'm using the freeware "WM5NewMenu" to add "New" to the WM today screen. That allows me to use a soft key to create new items. I'd like to add Handymenu/launcher/switcher as one of the "New" options so that I can use a soft key to access those programs in the list of "New" items available. The only option I have today is to use 3-4 of the 7 menu items from the start menu with the Handys or use a stylus.
    HandyMenu can also be assigned to a hardware button.
  17.    #17  
    HandyMenu 3.6 has been released with square screen support
    you can download a demo from www.PocketGear.com/DinarSoft

    DinarSoft
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by DinarSoft
    HandyMenu can also be assigned to a hardware button.
    Yes. You can assign any app to a button if you are willing to dedicate that button to only that app.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Yes. You can assign any app to a button if you are willing to dedicate that button to only that app.
    Actually, you can assign HandyLauncher to a hardware button and then include all your other apps. to HandyLauncher.

    I'll forward your request to the development team to see what can be done
  20. #20  
    Great news, any update on mem maid and handy switcher?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions