1. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hey Ya'll.

I am new here and have been really struggling between getting a Blackberry 8700c, a Treo 650 or to go to Verizon and get the Treo 700w.

I went to my cell phone carrier, Sprint, and found out that they are to get the 700, but are not sure when. At first it was supposed to be at the end of this month, then the end of March, but then the end of the Quarter, the representative said that at this point, because Sprint is working on solving some of the flaws, they are not sure when it will come out.

I am not sure if I should wait until Sprint get's the 700, or if I should bite the bullet and get the 650 at Sprint...or if I should just do the blackberry 8700c at Cingular with just the data plans.

Not to beat a dead animal (I love horses too much to use them in the phrase ) What are the flaws that the treo 700 has?

I used a Palm a LONG time ago (with a Visor and a Zire), then went to Pocket PC, had an HP2215, and then a Dell X50v. So I am aware of how the PPC thing works.

What are some of the flaws? What beats the treo 650? What makes the treo 650 better? Should I just reconsider the 8700c?

Thank you all for your help, I really do appreciate this!
    First off, sprint employees don't know what they are talking about the majority of the time. The 700p is being tested for sprint, NOT the 700w. The 700w (this forums subject) is verizon only until July.
  3. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Oops. Well, I guess I just posted this in the wrong forum?

I guess a mod can move this thread wherever it should go. So I can get some helpful advice.
    Well, if you meant the 700p, it's in a pre-testing phase. My current guess is a May release at the earliest for it. I would say if you really want a palm os treo, to hold out and wait for that device as opposed to wasting money now and later to upgrade.

Which device are you inquiring about? The 700 with windows mobile 5 or palm os?
  5. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well, if you meant the 700p, it's in a pre-testing phase. My current guess is a May release at the earliest for it. I would say if you really want a palm os treo, to hold out and wait for that device as opposed to wasting money now and later to upgrade.

Which device are you inquiring about? The 700 with windows mobile 5 or palm os?
    Hmm...I am sorry if my topic was kind of confusing. Here is pretty much my dilemma. I need to pick one of these options.

1) Get the Sprint Treo 650 to merge both my cell phone and my pda.
    2) Wait until the treo 700 comes out on Sprint (which is who knows when)
    3) Go to Verizon and get the Treo 700w
    3) Keep my Sprint Cell phone and get the blackberry 8700c through Cingular with just the data plan.

I just don't know what I should do. Which is why I am trying to figure out if I should just get the 650 through Sprint (Like if it is worth it) or wait till the 700 comes out with them, or go to Verizon and get the 700w now, or just say forget it and get the blackberry.

Which is why I am trying to find out the flaws of the treo 700, so I can make a decision.

I hope this clears up my dilemma

What I meant by this thread was to see what
  6. Liv
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Eh. Nevermind, I made the decision that I will get the 650 through Sprint until they release the 700p, then I will think about upgrading it.

Sorry for this really confusing topic post.