Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love voice dial on my i730 with BT .. I hated that the treo 650 wouldn't allow this key feature (BT is nearly useless without it !)
    It's my understanding that it currently is not possible for a variety of technical reasons. The main issue seems to be that MSFT's voice control program is speaker independent (you don't have to train it), which requires a level of fidelity and integration with headsets that most on the market today cannot provide.

MSFT is working with the OEMs on solving this issue, so it seems fair to anticipate that voice control will *eventually* work over a BT headset, but will possibly require a new headset and/or ROM OS update
    yep - Voice Command doesn't have BT voice dial initiation. The i730 doesn't use Voice Command - it uses some other app.
  4.    #4  
    Sucks .. it uses voice dial .. which also doesnt require any kind of voice training
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The thing that I din't quite get is that while the i730 natively uses VoiceSignal (a non-trained voice dialing program that works over BT), there were hacks available to use VoiceCommand instead. I'm sure the only reason it worked was because VoiceSignal was already on it suppoting BT dialing, but in any case ZvoiceCommand did work over a BT headset on the i730. I can't wait until it dosn on yhe 700w.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    The voice dialing does work while you are connected to a BT headset, but it works through the Treo mic and speaker rather than the headset. So you have to be holding the Treo near your face during the dialing process.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Voice DIALING doesn't work through the BT headset. After you dial, the call will go to the headset. The point of BT voice dailing is that you don't have to remove the phone from the case/holster/whatever you use to make a call while driving or something. Just press the headset once real quick and say a name.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I see that you are using a Parrot CK3000, and also that you have learned that the voice commands in the Treo will not work though the BT connection. I understand that the CK 3000 can be programmed to dial numbers on voice commands. Have you tried to get that to work, and if so, does it work?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000jim
    I see that you are using a Parrot CK3000, and also that you have learned that the voice commands in the Treo will not work though the BT connection. I understand that the CK 3000 can be programmed to dial numbers on voice commands. Have you tried to get that to work, and if so, does it work?
    The voice commands won't work with the CK3000 but they will the Evolution or the 3100. I just had a CK3100 installed and you can program the Parrot to use voice commands for your speed dials.

After my Phone has paired with the Parrot, I say "phone" and it beeps, then I say "home" and it will dial my home number. All without touching the Treo!
    Nuflat - are you using the 700w? I'm thinking of putting a 3200-LS in my wife's car. Any limitations on the 700W- ie, does it show signal stregth, battery condition, and all the other cool features? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman
    Nuflat - are you using the 700w? I'm thinking of putting a 3200-LS in my wife's car. Any limitations on the 700W- ie, does it show signal stregth, battery condition, and all the other cool features? Thanks!
    Yes, I am using the 700w with the CK3100. It does everything it's supposed to except sync the address book which isn't a biggie for me, because the people I call the most are on my shortcut list which it does sync.

The display shows the signal strength, and the battery strength and whatever name you assign to the phone plus the network. I have voice commands setup for my speed dials and I use the Phone and Disconnect commands so it is a truely handsfree experience.

I can get in my truck and after it pairs up, I can say "Phone" and it will ask me what name, (which I turned off the dialog because it gets irritating after a while.) or it will beep and then I say one of my prerecorded shortcut names like "home" and it will dial away.

The great part about this vs. the 650 is that if you have extra digts, pauses, numbers, etc. for voicemail, it doesn't reboot the phone like it does with the 650, it actually dials the extra digits! That blew me away because I was always mad having a handsfree kit that I had to input my passwords for voicemail. Doesn't make for very safe driving either.

Overall I think it's great for the 700. The only thing I have run into and I believe it has to do when checking mail on EVDO and it is trying to pair up, I've noticed that until it's finished sending and receiving, it won't pair up with the phone. Not a big deal unless you have several emails coming in and it takes several minutes. But that only seems to happen when it initially pairs. After that, it can check mail all day long and it works great!

And it only seems to be the times when it is trying to pair and check mail. I have mine set for every 15 minutes and probably 1 time a week, when I get in my truck and startup, it's trying to check the mail.
    Wow- thanks for taking the time to write that response. Very helpful. Does the disconnect problem requring a soft reset described on the Parrot English forum still bother you?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Wow- thanks for taking the time to write that response. Very helpful. Does the disconnect problem requring a soft reset described on the Parrot English forum still bother you?
    Well that was the issue I had with it checking the email using the EVDO connection. At the time, I couldn't figure out what was going on so I would do a soft reset and it would clear the problem up. Obviously becasue it would disconnect the EVDO on the reset. When I figured out it was the email causing the issue, I was able to go into my mail and stop the send and receive and then it would connect. No reset needed!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Where can you buy a Parrot 3100? I checked the website but it didn't show prices or where to buy.
    Parrots and harnesses for plug and play install are available here:

http://members.cox.net/quickconnect/notcut.html
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Parrots and harnesses for plug and play install are available here:

http://members.cox.net/quickconnect/notcut.html
    Those are some pretty good prices. I bought my Parrot off of Ebay and paid pretty close to that with shipping. But if you can get one from an authorized dealer, that works in case of issues. Usually though the issues are mainly install issues. So be sure and find an installer who installs Parrots because if they don't properly install it, you will wish you didn't buy it.
    Hi Nuflat - you are about 10 miles ahead of me. I've got my 700W coming on Monday and have the Parrot 3200 with the no-cut plug and play harness as per above. I've been using the E815 phone and everything works so great on the Parrot. I even learned how to do caller photo ID yesterday! So is the 700W going to be a letdown Parrot wise? I know I have to put my phone book into speed dial for it to appear in the Parrot. Any other tips to set up the 700w correctly for Parrot happiness?

One more question - do I train my Parrot for voice commands or use some sort of software on the 700W? ie - do I set the Parrot to "phone" or "parrot" for voice dialing? I've never trained a Parrot and the manual is worthless as you know....
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Yeah, the manual is pretty much worthless. So is their website forum for that matter.

So you got the 3200? Great! I like the color screen option and displaying pictures for caller ID.

As far a the 700 being a letdown? I would say no. Now if you compare what it can do on the Parrot vs. an E815 or similar, yes you will be disappointed. Because you won't be able sync all the contacts and it will only use the Parrot's voice control.

If you set the Parrot to use use the phone for voice dialing, you will be just talking to yourself because it doesn't work. If they (MS) ever get voice dialing through Bluetooth working, then I would think this would be an option. You would set the Parrot to use the phone for voice dialing and Voice Command would work on the Parrot via Bluetooth.

Like I said for me, coming from the 650, it (Parrot) does more for the 700 than the 650.

That being said, it will display battery and signal strength (on the 3100). You will be able to sync you speed dials which you can train the parrot to dial those using voice tags and have your voicemail with the extra digits setup without the Treo rebooting when you call your voicemail, etc.

Other than what I described in my previous posts. That's pretty much it. I love it and would not talk on the phone in my truck without it unless I had a BT headset, but even then I am limited on the functionality compared to the Parrot.
    I just did the 700W updater. I noticed that I have Voice Command 1.5 - is that what I had with Ver 1.02? I'm wondering if they fixed the bluetooth voice dialing?

I heard from someone with an XV6700 that they installed aftermarket MS Voice Command 1.5 and are happily voice dialing with their Parrot kit! So I hope this will eventually be possible with the 700W.
    So to make this very clear, if I have a Treo 700w and get the Parrot 3200-LS, I can have voice command dialing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast