Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Just received mine-
    and wanted to confirm w/everyone that Verizon bills "ahead" one month (mine goes thru March/4/06) on the first bill? Was just suprised how much it was...
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Yeah, it suprised me the first time I got mine as well. That was how it is for me. No other provider I've used did it that way, but I guess Verizon does.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    When I bought my phone in the store, the salesperson fully expolained the whole first bill thing. I'm glad she did
    Every phone and for that matter static utility provider i have used in the last decade "bills ahead" one month .. Sprint, Verizon, SBC, AT&T, Comcast, DirecTV, Dishnetwork ..

everyone bills ahead one month
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Not one of the 3 T-Mobile accounts of my wife's current Cingular account bill a month in advance. It just makes sense to bill for the previous month so you can be sure it is the correct amount including SMS, overages, etc. I pay my electric bill for the previous months use. You are correct though, most bills are for the upcoming month, IE) cable, insurance, etc. It just surprised me when Verizon did it that way because I had never had it before.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    My Sprint service is not billed a month ahead but a month behind. How can they bill one month ahead since they can't know how much to charge you until the end of the month? Even if you are on a plan, you can make international calls or exceed the minutes on your plan.

Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    Every phone and for that matter static utility provider i have used in the last decade "bills ahead" one month .. Sprint, Verizon, SBC, AT&T, Comcast, DirecTV, Dishnetwork ..

everyone bills ahead one month
    They keep you confused....
    rate plan charges for the next month.
    test & mms current month
    roaming charges....whenever they got around to them(month or 2 later)....luckily no roaming nowadays
    Just got my first "Treo Bill" yesterday... same thing... billed ahead for the data service. Thanks to this post I wasn't surprised.
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    I have the $69 dollar family plan for 2 phones, with broadband data on both phones. My first bill was freaking $358 dollars. I dont care how they explain it, they are robbing us, all of them, flat out robbing us.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppyfriend
    My Sprint service is not billed a month ahead but a month behind. How can they bill one month ahead since they can't know how much to charge you until the end of the month? Even if you are on a plan, you can make international calls or exceed the minutes on your plan.

Sprint has always bill a month ahead you probable never noticed