1.    #1  
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/15/skype_3/

"At a press conference at the 3GSM conference on Tuesday, Skype also launched a new version of its software for Pocket PC devices, Skype for Pocket PC 2.0. The software is designed to work on any Windows Mobile Pocket PC running Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0 and is equipped with an internal Wi-Fi or 3G radio. Skype for Pocket PC will be available preloaded on a number of devices including an Asus MyPal GPS PDA, BenQ P50, E-TEN M600, Dopod 700, i-mate PDA2, PDA2K, JASJAR and Qtek 9000 and 9090. Users of other supported devices, including Various HP iPAQ models and Pocket PCs from Dell and Fujitsu, can obtain the software as a free download. "
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    will it only work with built in wifi???? so does that mean that even with a wifi card were screwed on skype for treo's
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by json
    will it only work with built in wifi???? so does that mean that even with a wifi card were screwed on skype for treo's
    The way I read it:

"The software is designed to work on any Windows Mobile Pocket PC running Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0 and is equipped with an internal Wi-Fi or 3G radio."

the operative word in that sentence is "or". So you would need either internal WiFi or a 3G radio.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I installed it on my Treo 700w (installed Skype Version 2.0.0.41) and it works fine. I think there is even a newer version online...
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    I installed it on my Treo 700w (installed Skype Version 2.0.0.41) and it works fine. I think there is even a newer version online...
    When you say it works fine, do u mean you can chat on it or make voice calls on it as well with EV-DO connection? Also does bluetooth headset comes into play or you need to use phone (or speakerphone) to make voice calls. Ummm I am holding on to your answer before I seriously think about getting Treo700w :-)
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    When you say it works fine, do u mean you can chat on it or make voice calls on it as well with EV-DO connection? Also does bluetooth headset comes into play or you need to use phone (or speakerphone) to make voice calls. Ummm I am holding on to your answer before I seriously think about getting Treo700w :-)

You can both chat and make voice calls on the EVDO connection, yes.

I haven't tried using BT headset, but I doubt it will work at this time.
    You may want to check this thread for more info, since I don't use Skype too often, and only tested it out a few times.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=skype