Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by polo_ka View Post
    Is there anyway I can access my outlook 2003 to my mail2web account, i don't mind how much it cares, i just hope it is possible. the only thing i am missing my blackberry is being able to view my msn accounts.
    Yes, the Professional plan. $8.95/mo The Associate plan let's you use Outlook 2003, but I think they limit it a bit as far as what you sync.

Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    What's lame is that you cannot access it as an exchange server, only through POP or IMAP, so the only benefit here is push mail.
    That's true, but they are offering an inexpensive solution for people who don't need all the features of Exchange.

Some good full solutions:
    mail2web's Professional plan
    4smartphone.net
    sherweb.com (I was using them until tonight. $8.95/mo 1.25gb.)
    Does any of these plans work with flexmail correctly, or are all you using puoutlook?
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Does any of these plans work with flexmail correctly, or are all you using puoutlook?

Edit: nevermind I signed up and played. Evidently activesync will play somewhat nicely with flexmail, although there are other issues.

One question I have about mail2web, is there anyway to push html email to your phone? Thanks
    Is anyone still having battery issues with Mail2Web or have they summarily been resolved? I was wondering this before I take the plunge...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Is anyone still having battery issues with Mail2Web or have they summarily been resolved? I was wondering this before I take the plunge...
    I am not having the pinging issue anymore. they seemed to fix that a couple of months ago. I get the same battery results as i did with 4smarthone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin17 View Post
    I am not having the pinging issue anymore. they seemed to fix that a couple of months ago. I get the same battery results as i did with 4smarthone.
    So what kind of battery hit is it causing anyway? Mine right now is phenomenal, and I couldn't be happier, I wouldn't want to always be worried about it.

What was your average use before you started push mail, and what is it now?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I don't know if it's in the free version or not, I use the $1.99/month version and did it under my account settings. You put in an email address, they send a confirmation, then you select it as a default. It's called SMTP Proxy.

If it's not "free", the a $1.99 is worth it for the convenience, imo.
    Does anyone know if the SMTP Proxy service is unique to mail2web? I was setting up an account at webville.net because they offer Exchange 2007. (I need to access the Outlook web interface via a mac, so the 2007 client is a Godsend.) But I can't see where to set up the smtp proxy. Perhaps on my domain server?
    Quote Originally Posted by richtack View Post
    Does anyone know if the SMTP Proxy service is unique to mail2web? I was setting up an account at webville.net because they offer Exchange 2007. (I need to access the Outlook web interface via a mac, so the 2007 client is a Godsend.) But I can't see where to set up the smtp proxy. Perhaps on my domain server?
    This is not a port or anything special. This is really only useful for people that forward their mail from another ISP. Say you have charter or time warner cable and your e-mail address is joe6pack@charter.net. You configure your charter e-mail account to forward all e-mail to your mail2web account.

Great now all your e-mail is pushed to the Treo or PPC in real time. The downside is when you go to reply to a message. If you don't pay fthe $1.99/month then all of your replies will show up with your mail2web e-mail address and not your joe6pack@charter.net e-mail address.

What they are calling e-mail proxy is nothing more than defining additional e-mail addresses on your mailbox that resides on the mail2web e-mail server. In the past you just needed to go into your exchange activesync settings on mobile device and change the primary e-mail address under advanced settings and all outgoing mail would appear to be from whatever address you typed in there.

Mail2web probably saw a lot of people doing this and said "hey we can make a buck on something that is built in to the os". SO if you don't pay the fee then all outgoing mail is stamped with your mail2web e-mail address.

If you trade or sell on e-bay or use paypal this will get real old, real fast wehn people start trying to send money to the wrong e-mail address.
    If you're trying to set up an account on webville, you need to email webville support. There is no control panel on webville where you can make changes. They all have to go through support.

Quote Originally Posted by richtack View Post
    Thanks. I asked webville about this functionality, and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. (or they make it a point to not offer this.)

I need it done at the server level (not exclusively on my Treo) so I can also use the Web Access as a desktop email solution for my Yahoo! account.

thanks for any additional direction, guidance, tips, tricks, etc.
    Rich
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Well, my 1 year subscription of 4smartphone.net push email/OWA service just ended....and I didn't renew. I went back to the free mail2web service (virtually the same service, but return emails will be xxx@mail2web.com) and noticed that the mail2web Outlook web exchange is MUCH FASTER than the 4smartphone.net (super slow) service. (FYI)
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345