Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wupatki
    Did Mail2Web get thier ping issues fixed? ...
    Anyone else having better performance yet?

Would like to know this as well, since my trial for 4smartphone is almost up.
    I probably will end up getting 4smartphone anyway though... I got spoiled not seeing any more ads on Web Outlook
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    No, mail2web is still sucking up the juice as before. I decided to switch back since my free trial at 4smartphone was almost up.

It was so bad today that I almost went dead because I left my charger at home. I actually have switched back to popping my regular email account every 30 minutes. I need the emails, but not that badly.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Hey guys, update here: Mail2web appears to have fixed the one-minute ping issue!! I feel a little vindicated now as I originally brought this problem to their attention back in April but they kept telling me the problem wasn't on their end. (despite the fact that everyone using their service was seeing it)

One of their techs has actually been conversing with some of us 6700 users over on pdaphonehome.com, and he finally figured it out. It wasn't the firewall or the Exchange server - rather a Cisco router SSL "thing" that was forcing the pings. (I'm not a networking guy so I don't understand the details of what caused it) Anyway, it seems to be working great now. Just thought I'd give y'all a heads up.
    How's battery life using Mail2web now? I been happily popping my mail for a while now, but would like to try this service again if it doesn't kill the battery as before.
    I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I get the same battery life that I did for 4smartphone
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I get the same battery life that I did for 4smartphone
    So now the only advantage to 4smartphone.net would be the ability to use my gmail account as the return address?
    And to use outlook to retrieve your mail
    Thank you so much for posting an update to this. I really like getting my emails as they come in and have been missing this feature for the last couple of months. So far the battery usage is good enough to continue using. I have not missed any calls as was the case before. I don't need to check the mail with outlook as I am just forwarding my regular mail to mail2web. So for me this is great!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    The other advantage for 4smartphone is the use of your own email address instead of mail2web's address.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I use mail2web, cause of course its free, and honestly it works fine for me, I have never missed a message, I don't mind the different email address, and it seems to be fine. eh, my two cents
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I just found out about mail2web, this is perfect for those wanting blackberry style instant email. Too bad that the reply to address is @mail2web.com
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysMD View Post
    I just found out about mail2web, this is perfect for those wanting blackberry style instant email. Too bad that the reply to address is @mail2web.com
    i changed mine using their Proxy SMTP server. now mine is gmail.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    i changed mine using their Proxy SMTP server. now mine is gmail.
    Using the free version? How were you able to do that? (Not trying to get off topic).
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev View Post
    Using the free version? How were you able to do that? (Not trying to get off topic).
    I don't know if it's in the free version or not, I use the $1.99/month version and did it under my account settings. You put in an email address, they send a confirmation, then you select it as a default. It's called SMTP Proxy.

If it's not "free", the a $1.99 is worth it for the convenience, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I don't know if it's in the free version or not, I use the $1.99/month version and did it under my account settings. You put in an email address, they send a confirmation, then you select it as a default. It's called SMTP Proxy.

If it's not "free", the a $1.99 is worth it for the convenience, imo.
    Wait a minute. So for $1.99 a month you can use mail2web's push email, but have your return address be whatever you want? So, for example, I can have my POP account forward to the @mail2web.com account and push to my phone. Then any replies from me will show my POP email address and not the @mail2web address?

If that's the case, I had no idea mail2web had that capability. I'm paying $8/mo to do the exact same thing right now, because I didn't think many places did that. Time to change...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Wait a minute. So for $1.99 a month you can use mail2web's push email, but have your return address be whatever you want? So, for example, I can have my POP account forward to the @mail2web.com account and push to my phone. Then any replies from me will show my POP email address and not the @mail2web address?

If that's the case, I had no idea mail2web had that capability. I'm paying $8/mo to do the exact same thing right now, because I didn't think many places did that. Time to change...
    Yup, that's all I pay. $1.99/month (just checked my invoices).

Under Personal Exchange Email --> Manage Accounts

SMTP Proxy Addresses

A SMTP Proxy address allows you to define an alternate email address for your account. If you add another email address on your Business Exchange domain, you'll automatically start receiving mail for that account right away.

You can also add an external email address or 3rd-party email address as an SMTP Proxy address. When adding an external/3rd-party email address, you will need to confirm ownership of the account before it can be added by entering a confirmation code. We also recommend setting up email forwarding (from your email provider's options) or Email Aggregation for that account. Doing so will ensure that you can receive and send all the email for your external/3rd-party email address using your Exchange account.

Once you add an SMTP Proxy Address, it is then possible to change the Primary From Address for your account.
    You then go back to Manage My Account --> Set Primary From Address
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/29/2006 at 05:03 PM.

That's great. I thought I looked into mail2web for this before. So either I'm blind or they only recently added this.

I think I'm going to go ahead and sign up. I can still access Exchange through Outlook, right? Or can I only get to it from OWA?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    That's great. I thought I looked into mail2web for this before. So either I'm blind or they only recently added this.

I think I'm going to go ahead and sign up. I can still access Exchange through Outlook, right? Or can I only get to it from OWA?
    I don't think you can do Desktop Outlook <--> Exchange for $1.99, at least I haven't found away (then again, I'm not very good at figuring out that stuff, so if YOU do, drop me a PM!), but you can just use OWA.

I think they recently added it too...

Is there anyway I can access my outlook 2003 to my mail2web account, i don't mind how much it cares, i just hope it is possible. the only thing i am missing my blackberry is being able to view my msn accounts.
    What's lame is that you cannot access it as an exchange server, only through POP or IMAP, so the only benefit here is push mail.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast