Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Ok so I signed up for this. It works great actually, and sets up real easily on the 700w.

I had a question on this though: does anyone know of a way to set the "reply-to" address in the Treo?

I forward my Gmail emails to mail2web, which gives me instant access. However, if I want to reply to emails, it gets delivered from my mail2web account. Is it possible to set it to reply-to my Gmail?
    Part of their "free" service agreement/requirement is that you must use their email address of xxx@mail2web.com.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Your right but the nice thing about my company is that I have access to corporate keys. As for the domain contrallers I already have that running on Server 2003. And as for external DNS you can get that through your ISP providers.

As for clustering if you are running a small operation then it shouldn't need to be so big.
    Ok, using your company's keys is cheating

Yes... you can do it all on one server.. but you need the skills and really know what your doing... also don't forget about the SSL cert... or you can issue your own but that can be a real pain on these devices..... or you can just send mail in the clear (I think that may still be supported...dont remember if WM5 allows that anymore).

Uptime would be a concern with one server.. guess it depends how critical it is.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=gex]also don't forget about the SSL cert... or you can issue your own but that can be a real pain on these devices..... or you can just send mail in the clear (I think that may still be supported...dont remember if WM5 allows that anymore).[QUOTE]

Well as for the certs I will have to look into that for these devices. Hadn't thought about that but it is do able.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    more than do able...anyone with the ability and experiance needed can do it...but with hosting being so cheap (free to some extent) who would want too?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    How much are cert a year??? something like $125?

Remember you need a tier one cert!!! dont use godaddy certs (i tried ) or some lower tier cheapo certs out there...

So for the cost of your tier one cert/year...you are spending more than a hosted plan for a year! (hadnt thought of it that way )
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Your right but which hosted can you use to get the push when the update comes out and have the email address format that you want?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    And as for having your other email accounts come to one, all you have to do is use mail forwarding.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Your right but which hosted can you use to get the push when the update comes out and have the email address format that you want?
    Most of them should have updated to Exch SP2 by now...so any of them really... a lot of people seem to like 4smartphone.com....
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Part of their "free" service agreement/requirement is that you must use their email address of xxx@mail2web.com.
    I think this answers the reply question. https://support.mail2web.com/FreeSer...TermsOfUse.asp
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by chewybrain
    dbarrett5381, remember when you call Verizon to ask for the "PDA SMS 2000 Allowance". That's the buzzword that worked for me.
    I'm glad I found these forums. I called today and at first the rep said he wasn't aware of this. Then, after a few minutes, he came back on the line to let me know it was taken care of. I verified that this was free and, get this, he said yes, we "removed your 200 text messages for $2.99 and added the 2000 allowed messages".

Not only did I get an additional 1800 messages, but they stopped charging me for the 200 I already had.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I'm using mail2web right now with my Sprint 6700 and have discovered a fairly significant problem, and am curious to see if you 700 users are also affected. While connected to mail2web's Exchange server, my 6700 is "pinging" every 60 seconds like clockwork. This happens even though I'm not receiving any emails. You can see this by your data connection arrows turning white every 60 seconds.

I've tested this pretty thoroughly and have confirmed with other 6700 users that they are in fact seeing the same thing. Also, I've tested connecting my 6700 to other Exchange servers, like 4smartphone.net, and am NOT seeing this issue at all.

Obviously it goes without saying that having your device ping every 60 seconds is an incredible drain on the battery. (my 6700 hardly makes it 8 hours) Plus if you're not in an EVDO area, you're definitely going to miss some phone calls.

I've opened a support ticket with mail2web and they are investigating, but I was curious to see if any of you Treo owners are seeing the same thing. (I would assume you are)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Hey guys, I'm using mail2web right now with my Sprint 6700 and have discovered a fairly significant problem, and am curious to see if you 700 users are also affected. While connected to mail2web's Exchange server, my 6700 is "pinging" every 60 seconds like clockwork. This happens even though I'm not receiving any emails. You can see this by your data connection arrows turning white every 60 seconds.

How do you know its pinging? Just by the data arrows or you using something to log the data connection?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Overall I have been happy with the mail2web (free) service, but found out that some emails sent to a Hotmail account (from xxx@mail2web.com) ends up in the Spam folder (i.e. Hotmail thinks email from xxx@mail2web.com is spam).
    Can someone else confirm this?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dewars
    How do you know its pinging? Just by the data arrows or you using something to log the data connection?
    Yep, by watching the data connection arrows. If y'all are seeing this too, I'd recommend contacting mail2web's support team. Hopefully the more people that report it the more visibility it will get.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Tell them to lookinto the heartbeat interval and their firewall configuration
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Tell them to lookinto the heartbeat interval and their firewall configuration
    That's actually exactly what I told them! At first they told me to adjust the heartbeatIncrement settings on my device. (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync)

Increasing those did nothing, however, so they're looking into their own Exchange settings. Personally, I think it might be a firewall timeout issue...
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Keep us updated....I'd be interested to hear what it was.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Question to those who have their Gmail forwarded to Mail2web,
    my email forwarding all of a sudden stopped today; and noticed an error message on
    Gmail Forward settings stating that there are problems forwarding to the mail2web.com email address. I reset this, and it's working again, but has anyone else noticed this problem?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Ok, I've gone back and forth with mail2web's tech support for almost 2 weeks now and unfortunately I've gotten nowhere. They are telling me that the issue is not at their end, and that they can't recreate what I'm seeing after testing with other WM5 devices. (including a Sprint 6700)

After doing a fair amount of troubleshooting with them, I don't believe this is an Exchange problem. I've looked at my ActiveSync logs (\Windows\ActiveSyc\CtrlLog.txt) and it is showing correct heartbeat invervals of about 8 minutes. It does NOT show the once per minute activity that I'm seeing on my device. I strongly suspect it's some kind of firewall timeout setting on their end that is causing my device to "ping" every 60 seconds to reconnect.

As I mentioned before, I also have a 15 day trial account opened at 4smartphone and have been testing their service as well. I do NOT see any unnecessary data connections while connected to 4smartphone. I've wasted a ton of time testing this, and the results are consistent and repeatable.

Sooo, I'm curious to know if you Treo users who use mail2web are seeing what I'm seeing? I would assume you are, but you never know. To test this, just enable DirectPush and stare at your data connection arrows. (boring I know) You should be seeing them turn from gray to white every 60 seconds or so. (be sure you don't have any other app that might be utilizing the data connection in the background for any reason) Obviously if you tend to receive emails every minute or 2 than it might be difficult to test this.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, I'm hoping to get as much data as I can before going back to them.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I actually use the goodlink service in conjuction with www.exchangemymail.com its in no way free but I dont have any of the problems above and I get to use my own email address. I did have a problem with the goodlink software and that was a pain to configure but to get it to work I have to use there old unsupported version.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast