Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Many times after I reset my 700w there is a delay in the start menu expanding after pressing the windows key for the first time. After this first time I no longer experience the delay. Does anyone have thoughts on how to stop this annoying problem?
    This happens on mine too. I believe wm5 has to compile the programs you have listed in your start menu, then must assign a shortcut letter to each one.
    I see this too. It seems like the more apps you have, the longer the delay. I almost got down to the exact number of new apps before it starts to show appreciable delay. The strange thing is, when you open the Programs folder, it still has to build/cache the images of all the icons.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I had the same problem when my WM5 was looking at the memory card for the programs. I took out the programs that shortcuted to my memory card, and I don't have the problem anymore.
    Welcome to the world of NVRAM. That first delay is the code being "loaded" into the RAM cache.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth255
    Welcome to the world of NVRAM. That first delay is the code being "loaded" into the RAM cache.
    However, you can fix this problem..................DONT RESET YOUR DEVICE.....Which means don't use it either or soon enough you will have no choice but to reset.